Becoming a Mentor
As a Member of the College, you have the privilege and opportunity to be a mentor to a Membership candidate. As a mentor you will have the important role of providing support and guidance as a candidate prepares for examinations and develops their independent learning activities.
Benefits of becoming a mentor include:
- The opportunity to play an important role in a colleague’s professional life
- Supporting your College Chapter
- Enhancing and refreshing your own knowledge and skills
As a general guide, a mentor is required to:
- Possess general depth and breadth of knowledge required to pass the examination
- Discuss the style of examination
- Provide guidance on timeline for the candidate’s preparation for the examination
- Provide guidance on a study strategy or an approach to learning in the key areas identified in the Subject Guidelines’ Learning Outcomes
- Allocate time for library and other reference reading and making of synopses for revision
- Discuss the need to do practice examinations
- Provide feedback on the candidate’s progress in preparation for the examination
- Provide feedback on the level of knowledge a candidate demonstrates in written and/or oral practice examinations.
The College is eagerly looking for Members to become mentors for 2020, so please express your interest by contacting the College office on +61 7 3423 2016 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about what becoming a mentor involves, please read this guide.