Subject Standards and Subject Examination Committees
Each subject administered by a Chapter will have a Subject Standards Committee (SSC) and a Subject Examination Committee (SEC). These committees replace the previous Chapter Examination Committee (CEC) and integrate responsibilities previously upheld by the examiners and CEC. The rationale is to have a structure which is more robust and flexible, allowing the distribution of work amongst a bigger group and including a system of succession planning for mentoring and rotation of members.
Standards Committee Role
- Review and update Subject Guidelines for Membership and Fellowship, ideally on a three yearly basis but not longer than every five years, using the templates provided by the College office
- Promote mentoring and candidate preparation within the Chapter
- Provide clarifications and advice to the Board of Examiners Training and Credentials Committee (TCC) regarding the content of proposed training programmes.
- Review the Activity Log Submission, publications for pre-approval and Credentials Document of Fellowship candidates and advise the Assistant Chief Examiner (Training and Credentials) on the acceptability of these documents
- Assess any Activity Log Summary (ALS) that accompanies an Annual Supervisor’s report (ASR) in subjects that do not have defined case minima
Examinations Committee Role
- Design, construct, review and deliver the written, practical and oral examinations and marking schemes for both the Membership and/or Fellowship examination
- Promote engagement of members with available opportunities for training in examination development and delivery
- Consider and apply Examiner and candidate feedback collated by the College office after annual examinations in the development of future examinations
- Develop question banks for each section of the examination for the use of examination teams
Become a Committee Member
To express interest in volunteering in the SSC or SEC, please contact the your Chapter President.
- Subject Standards and Subject Examination Committees Terms of Reference
- Subject Examinations Committee (SEC) Chair examination checklist