The Unusual Pets Chapter promotes excellence in the medicine and surgery of unusual pets, with emphasis on helping candidates prepare for the membership in unusual pet medicine and surgery. The chapter aims to eventually work towards providing a fellowship level qualification.
The objects of the Chapter include:
- Provide a means of accreditation for veterinarians with a professional interest in unusual pet medicine and surgery.
- Facilitate the exchange of knowledge between veterinarians interested in unusual pet medicine and surgery.
- Encourage exchange of knowledge and collaborative with other groups involved in unusual pet health and welfare.
- Encourage further investigation and scientific publication in the area of unusual pet medicine and surgery.
- To increase the profile of unusual pet medicine and surgery as part of veterinary medicine.