Welcome the the Epidemiology Chapter of the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists.
The objectives of the Epidemiology Chapter are to:
- Provide a means of entry to the College for those with a particular interest in veterinary epidemiology;
- Provide a means of accreditation of veterinary epidemiologists;
- Encourage research in, and application of, veterinary epidemiology;
- Facilitate the exchange of knowledge between veterinary epidemiologists;
- Further the professional education and training of veterinary epidemiologists;
and to Encourage publications in the sphere of veterinary epidemiology.
The Epidemiology Chapter achieves these objectives by:
- Assisting candidates for Membership examination through the mentor system;
- Providing examiners for Membership and Fellowship exams;
- Conducting workshops as a means of continuing education for its members;
- Publishing newsletters; Awarding a medal to a final year veterinary student at all veterinary schools in Australia and New Zealand for excellence in veterinary epidemiology; and
- Organising an annual conference on veterinary epidemiology.
- Provision of a study guide for groups for Membership exams (available here)
2nd Australian Biosecurity Symposium