The Chapter aims to foster the professional interest, and high-level education and training of veterinarians in Veterinary Oncology. These aims are met by working within the College:
- To provide a training and examination process that allows recognition of further study in the field of companion animal oncology.
- To encourage cross-disciplinary exchange of knowledge and collaborative work with other College chapters, and clinical or basic biomedical scientists.
- Helps support and guide prospective Fellowship candidates by means of a mentoring system
- Prepares examinations and organises examiners for rigorous Fellowship examinations.
- Provides support for members in preparation of material for publication or presentation
- Provides a forum for presentation of material to peers at regular scientific meetings
- Provides an email list to members for networking and professional support
Success at the Fellowship examinations allows eligibility for specialist registration.