Under Article 4 of the Chapter Constitutions the objectives are listed as follows:
- To advance the science and art of equine practice
- To further the professional education and training of veterinarians in all aspects of equine diseases
- To facilitate the exchange of knowledge between equine veterinarians
- To encourage original research and publication on all matters of equine diseases
- To establish a set of standards and guidelines for post-graduate training to assist members in attaining qualification consistent with current international standards of the profession.
- To encourage exchange of knowledge with and collaborative work with other disciplines and other Chapters, and with other medical biological scientists.
- To acquire, maintain, employ and dispose of such real and personal property and to organise such services as will further the above aims.