The Cattle Chapter is the branch of the college made up of veterinarians who have a particular interest in dairy/ beef cattle medicine and production and ruminant nutrition.
The Chapter is run by an executive committee elected by members of the chapter annually.
The broad aims of the chapter are to:
- Provide a pathway for veterinarians in private practice to improve their knowledge through study for memberships and assist candidates through the mentor system.
- Establish a core group of renowned specialists through the fellowship system.
- Create a network of veterinarians who are able to exchange ideas freely and provide advice for other veterinarians.
- Encourage education through new research and evidence based medicine.
- Set a benchmark for excellence in the field of medicine, management and nutrition for younger veterinarians.