The Aquatic Animal Health Chapter has been established to promote excellence in the diagnosis, treatment and prevent of diseases of aquatic animals with particular emphasis on those species which are kept for aquaculture or otherwise commercially exploited. The objects of the Chapter shall be:
- To advance the science and art of veterinary science as it relates specifically to aquatic animals and in particular to encourage and aid recruitment to the discipline, the College and the Chapter.
- To further the professional education and training of veterinarians with a special interest in aquatic animal health.
- To encourage research in aquatic animal health.
- To facilitate the exchange of knowledge between veterinarians with a special interest in aquatic animal health
- To encourage exchange of knowledge with and collaborative work with other Scientists working in the field of aquatic animal health.
- To encourage publications in the sphere of aquatic animal health
- To acquire, maintain, employ and dispose of such real and personal property and to organise such services as will further the above aims.