Veterinary Specialist in Emergency Medicine and Critical Care
- Opportunity to provide best-practice in Emergency & Critical Care services - Maternity Cover
- Located on the Camperdown Campus in the Veterinary Science School ranked #1 in Australia and #16 globally
- Full time (38 hours per week), HEO 9 fixed term 12 months, offering a base salary of $138K - $147K p.a., plus 15% clinical loading, annual leave loading and generous employer's contribution to superannuation
About the opportunity
We are looking for a Veterinary Specialist in Emergency Medicine and Critical Care to provide leadership of the Emergency and Critical Care Service (ECC) at the University Veterinary Teaching Hospital Sydney. You will achieve this, through provision of best-practice veterinary specialist services in emergency medicine and critical care, through teaching and mentoring of DVM and post-graduate veterinarians rotating through the ECC service, by supporting the ACVECC-accredited ECC residency program, and by meeting key performance indicators for the role. The successful candidate will work closely with the Hospital Director, CEO, Business Manager and ECC Unit Head to continue to raise the profile of the ECC to clients and referring veterinarians and to develop and deliver a strategic plan for growth of the unit with the support of other specialist services operating at the UVTHS. Operational oversight of the ECC unit services will involve establishment and implementation of policies and procedures, ensuring that staff operate in accordance with such polices, that there is excellent communication with internal and referring veterinarians and that a high level of service is delivered. You will have an active teaching role of final year DVM veterinary students in liaison with the Head of Primary Care.
To learn more about the Sydney School of Veterinary Science click here
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Veterinary Specialist in Emergency Medicine and Critical Care who has:
- a Degree in veterinary science registrable in NSW (or equivalent) and a qualification in small animal emergency and critical care medicine that enables registration as a Specialist in Emergency and Critical Care Medicine in Australia
- an ability to work closely with veterinarians in all referral services of the UVTHS in a collegiate manner
- proven ability to manage a high caseload using best-practice principals and achieve operating objectives
- leadership capacity in a specialist discipline
- an understanding of veterinary practice management principles including demonstrated financial responsibility in critical care and emergency medicine case management
- in-depth knowledge of managing, mentoring, and supervising veterinary and other clinical staff in emergency and stressful situations
- experience in provision of clinical teaching to postgraduate and DVM students based on sound principals of emergency and critical care medicine, and a willingness to further develop teaching and assessment skills.
Please outline your relevant skills and experience in your cover letter and attach to your online application.
The 15% veterinary clinical specialist loading is available once registered as specialist by NSW Veterinary Practitioners Board.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
How to Apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website. If you have any additional questions, please contact Helen Efstathiou, Recruitment Consultant on email@example.com
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visithttps://www.sydney.edu.au/about-us/careers-at-sydney.html and search by the job requisition number 0081226 to apply.
Closing date: 11:59pm, Thursday 5 August 2021
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.