Veterinary Specialist in Diagnostic Imaging
- Opportunity to provide best practice veterinary diagnostic imaging services to UVTHS
- Located at Camperdown Campus in the University Veterinary Teaching Hospital Sydney
- Full-time, 12-month contract – base salary: $132,458 p.a. (HEO 9) plus annual leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation.
About the opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of DI staff-specialists, residents, radiographer and nurse. The successful applicant will also join the broader team of the University Veterinary Teaching Hospitals with their multidisciplinary capability.
You will contribute to the teaching and assessment of the DVM Curriculum with a focus on diagnostic imaging services and providing a high quality imaging service to clients of the University Veterinary Teaching Hospitals at Sydney and Camden. Active participation in the School’s clinical research programs is encouraged and teaching to undergraduates and postgraduate veterinarians in residency programs is another of the enjoyable aspects of the role. Outside of the University are key external relationships with clients and suppliers that you will provide information & treatment recommendations to.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Veterinary Specialist in Diagnostic Imaging who ideally possesses capabilities or experience in the follow areas:
- Degree in veterinary science registrable in NSW.
- Diplomate ECVS or Diplomate ACVS or Fellowship of the ANZCVS permitting registration with the NSW Veterinary Scientists Board as a Specialist in Diagnostic Imaging.
- Supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate clinical trainees on Diagnostic Imaging Rotation
- Coordination of large and small animal radiology teaching
- Leadership or mentoring experience; preparing and delivering lectures, seminars, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations and other types of teaching in the diagnostic imaging space.
- Analysing and marking assessments and providing feedback to students.
- Participating in the writing of scientific papers/reports and directing conference presentations.
- After-hours emergency rostering in Diagnostic Imaging (when required)
The School of Veterinary Science is an internationally renowned provider of education and research and has staff and students based on Main Campus at Camperdown and the University’s Camden campus. A key contributor to world best practice in the care and welfare of animals for more than 100 years, our ongoing success is a result of the contribution of our innovative team of academic and professional staff members.
The School provides first class veterinary primary care and referral services across all major species to support high quality teaching and research that meets global accreditation standards. The University Veterinary Teaching Hospitals (UVTH) comprise a small animal hospital at Camperdown campus and an equine and small animal hospital, a wildlife, exotic, reptile and avian hospital and ambulatory livestock and equine services at the Camden campus.
The incumbent provides high quality imaging service to clients and contributes to the development, teaching and assessment of the curriculum of the veterinary diagnostic imaging unit.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1481/0719F to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm, Monday 2 September 2019 (Sydney Time)