Veterinary Ophthalmology Residency Position
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic resident to join our team at All Animal Eye Services. We are a busy privately owned ophthalmology referral practice in the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne, in a completely refurbished facility with all the expected specialty equipment. Veterinarians are supported by a dedicated, experienced nursing team who work seamlessly together to provide best care for our patients.
Three year training program under the supervision of three registered specialists in veterinary ophthalmology, designed to prepare you for sitting ANZCVS fellowship examinations. During the residency you will complete publication requirements of ANZCVS Fellowship.
- Regular journal club participation, and chapter reviews to assist with achieving learning outcomes for specialisation
- Training in ocular histopathology available at monthly rounds
- Generous salary
- 4 weeks annual leave and one week conference leave per year
- A focus on work life balance.
- Highly self motivated to further your knowledge of veterinary ophthalmology and work towards becoming a Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work well within a team, and a good sense of humour
- Be able to achieve and maintain good relationships with clients and referring vets
- Have achieved membership of ANZCVS in a discipline required for Fellowship training in ophthalmology
- Have qualifications to register as a veterinarian in Victoria
- A desire to continue working with All Animal Eye Services is preferred.
Please contact Simon Hurn or Jessica Nevile if you would like to discuss this position.
For applications please provide a cover letter, CV and names of at least two referees (one of which should be a supervising veterinarian from the practice where you have worked) to firstname.lastname@example.org.