Veterinary Equine Registrar – Ambulatory
- Full time 12 months fixed term located on the Camden Campus at the University Veterinary Teaching Hospital Camden (UVTHC)
- Opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and growing equine ambulatory team
- Base Salary HEO 6 (38 hours), $99,497 p.a. - $107,265 p.a. + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
Reporting directly to the Head Equine Unit, the Veterinary Equine Registrar - Ambulatory position will form part of the Camden Equine Centre (CEC) within the UVTHC in providing high quality equine services in an ambulatory setting supporting the hospital-based services as required. You will provide supervision and clinical teaching of students on rotation in the ambulatory service each week under the direction of the Equine Unit Head and Senior Lecturer of Equine Practice. Including participating in a weekly roster covering visits and call outs to clients within the local area for routine and emergency care in the field. This role assists in growing the service through the provision of high-quality clinical care, customer service and teaching under the direction of the Equine Unit Head and Senior Lecturer in Equine Practice.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide high quality clinical treatment and care to equine clients with a focus on ambulatory practice
- provide clinical instruction to veterinary students on rotation to the equine service at Camden
- actively participate in study groups, clinical rounds and journal club
- ensure compliance with relevant legislative and regulatory controls and ensures a safe working environment for all staff and students
- participate in the out-of-hours rotation for the ambulatory service
- perform work activities related to the role’s key accountabilities as approved by the manager and commensurate to the role’s classification level.
CEC is recognised as the pre-eminent centre of clinical excellence for equine sports medicine in Australasia and a world leader in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of horses with sports related injuries and illnesses through innovative research in the field whilst training the veterinarians of the future.
To learn more about the Sydney School of Veterinary Science click here
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Veterinary Equine Registrar – Ambulatory who has:
- a Veterinary Degree registrable in NSW
- a recognised membership qualification in an equine subject OR a willingness to prepare for and sit membership exams in an equine subject within 24 months of commencement
- experience in ambulatory practice
- a willingness to be on call and participate in an after-hours roster (additional on call allowance and a generous overtime payment)
- an ability to instruct DVM students effectively.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Helen Efstathiou, Recruitment Consultant. Recruitment Operations, Human Resources on +61 2 8627 7137 or by email email@example.com
Closing date for applications
11.59pm, 27 September 2022