The Animal Hospital at Murdoch University
- Fixed-term contract until 2 September 2021 (parental leave cover)
- Part-time position (7-day shift roster at 45 hours per fortnight)
- H0808 I $95k pro-rata plus 9.5% employer superannuation contributions
- Ref: 1124H08/202618
Murdoch University is home to the only Veterinary School in Western Australia, and its prestigious teaching hospital provides the clinical facility that enables students to have the clinical ‘hands-on’ opportunity. It also provides a service to community through its team of top specialists who oversee the care and treatment of all animals referred to the Hospital.
The Animal Hospital At Murdoch University(TAHMU) aims to provide an environment where high professional and clinical standards, based on available scientific evidence, are tempered with genuine care and compassion.
The key purpose of this role is to provide high quality veterinary care to animals in The Animal Hospital At Murdoch University.
Skills and Experience
The preferred candidate will have:
- Veterinary degree registrable by the Veterinary Surgeons’ Board of Western Australia.
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications or training or experience.
- Ability to work rotational shift work, including night shifts, weekends and public holidays and be flexible in work hour patterns.
- Excellent organisational, time and workload management skills, including the ability to prioritise workload to meet strict deadlines.
- Highly effective communication, customer service and interpersonal skills, and the demonstrated ability to interact constructively and collaboratively with staff at all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to work cohesively in a team environment.
Applicants should refer to the Position Description for further detail on the duties, skills and experience required for this role.
What you’ll get in return:
You will be joining a talented team of Veterinarians working at Western Australia’s premiere animal treatment facility, The Animal Hospital at Murdoch University.
Employees of Murdoch University enjoy a lively, natural campus and world-class facilities, as well as a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration, including 9.5% superannuation
- Paid leave entitlements
- Salary packaging options
- Easy access onsite parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- On Campus Services and Facilities, including a Childcare Centre, Medical Centre, Gym and Chiropractic Clinic.
Please apply via Murdoch Careers Website and submit the below documents:
- A cover letter including a statement addressing the selection criteria (found in the Position Description)
- Your most recent resume (CV)
Please see the Applicant Guide for more information. Applications sent by post or email will not be accepted.
Please note visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Murdoch University values workplace diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, and people with disability.
Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.
Position contact: Dr Jill Griffiths, Veterinary Supervisor (ECC) at J.Griffiths@murdoch.edu.au.
Closing date: 3 December 2020 (11:59pm)