Training and Development Consultant
- Do you want to join one of Victoria's most recognised not-for-profit animal welfare organisations?
- Exciting opportunity to join our Education and Community Outreach team in developing, facilitating and evaluating education and training programs
- Permanent part-time position (22.8 hours per week) available at our Burwood East site
About RSPCA Victoria
RSPCA Victoria is a non-government, community-based, not-for-profit organisation whose vision is ‘ending cruelty to all animals’. We are Victoria’s best-known and most respected animal welfare organisation.
Our organisation’s purpose is to work with the community to achieve outstanding animal welfare through education, advocacy, and animal care and protection. RSPCA Victoria’s values - clarity and accountability, respect and consideration, and expertise and collaboration - set clear expectations for all our staff and volunteers.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting a Training & Development Consultant to join our Education and Community Outreach Team in a permanent part-time capacity, 22.8 hours per week. Reporting to the Education and Training Manager, you will play a vital role in developing, facilitating, and evaluating education programs to build the capability of employees and volunteers at RSPCA Victoria and the community. This role will suit a veterinarian or trainer with considerable experience in behaviour, animal handling and training.
This role will attract a salary of $48,870 p.a (inclusive of superannuation at 9.5%).
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Education and Training Manager, you will:
- Contribute to the implementation of an organisation wide learning and development framework to build the capability of RSPCA Victoria employees and volunteers to deliver our vision of ending cruelty to all animals;
- Develop, facilitate and evaluate technical learning and development programs for employees and volunteers in accordance with the organisational learning and development framework;
- Partner with the business to identify, prioritise and address technical learning and development needs, specifically in the areas of animal behaviour and safe handling.
- Collaborate with the Education and Training Manager to develop, facilitate and evaluate external training courses for the public that improve animal welfare in the community.
- Collaborate with the Online Learning Producer to develop compelling online education courses and materials.
- Contribute to a positive and inclusive work environment by effectively communicating and working collaboratively with peers across all departments, and consistently behaving in accordance with the RSPCA Victoria values and associated policies.
What we are looking for from you
- Experience in working in a shelter environment, including expertise in animal behaviour and safe handling.
- Qualification in Animal Science, Veterinary Science, Training & Behaviour and/or relevant field.
- Experience in providing animal behaviour related services; dog obedience training, kitten kinder, consultations.
- Previous experience developing, facilitating and evaluation learning and development programs, possibly complimented with a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment will be highly regarded, but not essential
- High level literacy, numeracy and problem-solving skills, including intermediate computer skills (including use of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging work environment.
- This position also requires a valid driver’s license, Working with Children’s Check and Tetanus Vaccination.
What we can offer you
- Encouraged work-life balance and a broad range of leave entitlements, including annual leave, personal leave, additional leave (6 days per year pro-rata), purchased leave, paid parental leave, study leave and paid family and domestic violence leave.
- Access to a range of mental health and wellbeing supportive initiatives, including confidential counselling services, education programs and access to a wealth of resources.
- Generous discount on products and services, including Hill’s pet food, Hush Puppies footwear and RSPCA Victoria retail and vet clinic products and services
- Salary packaging and novated lease arrangements on offer with leading provider, Maxxia.
- Access to a range of learning and development opportunities that will benefit and support you in your role.
How to apply
To learn more about our organisation and this job opportunity, please visit our website at www.rspcavic.org and download the Position Description attached to this advertisement for more details. Alternatively, please contact our Education and Training Manager, Belinda Marchbank on firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role is of interest to you, submit your application with your cover letter and resume, addressing how you meet the selection criteria. Applications close on Sunday, 12th June 2021.
RSPCA Victoria is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we strongly encourage people from all cultural backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applicants are welcome to access RSPCA Victoria’s Diversity & Inclusion Policy here.