University Primary Care Veterinarian
Sydney University Veterinary Teaching Hospital
The Sydney University Veterinary Teaching Hospital is acclaimed internationally for its exceptional health, care and welfare of animals. It is a centre for referring vets to send complex cases and a 24/7 emergency and critical care facility, as well as having a small primary care service and being a teaching hospital for veterinary science students to learn the practical components of the veterinary profession.
The Hospital has undergone substantial redevelopment of surgical suites of more than $6 million as well as imaging, diagnostic and patient care equipment making it an international state-of-the-art facility.
Our specialist services include:
- 24-hour emergency services and intensive care.
- Canine and Feline Medicine & Surgery.
- Advance imaging, CT, MRI, C-arm, Digital Radiology & Ultrasound.
- Neurology, Oncology, Anaesthesia and Pain Clinic, Ophthalmology & Dermatology.
6 months contract position exists for a registered veterinarian to continue the on-going development of the Primary Care service at UVTHS. Realignment of the structure, to accommodate the large DVM cohort, has resulted in an interesting and varied role.
There is a focus of providing high-quality primary accession veterinary care to the clients of UVTHS, a combination of:
- Administration work.
- As this position plays a role in a high-quality University Teaching Hospital environment, postgraduate qualifications (such as MANZCVS or Clinical Masters Degree), evidence of further professional training (such as a rotating internship) and team building experience are highly desirable. Experience with the training of veterinary students in practice or at a University is desirable but not essential, training will be provided.
- Experience with the training of veterinary students in practice or at a University is desirable but not essential, training will be provided.
- Significant personal veterinary growth opportunities exist in an academic environment with close collaboration with the specialist streams of UVTHS.
- An attractive consultancy fee is available with a bonus at the completion based on specified SLAs.
- There will be a strong emphasis for an ongoing opportunity for the successful candidates. There will be bimonthly reviews.