The Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH), was established at North Ryde in 2007 and have just celebrated our 15th birthday! We have since opened hospitals on the Central Coast, Adelaide and Western Sydney. We have also just announced our 5th hospital, opening in Alexandria later this year. SASH North Ryde is the largest referral hospital in the Southern Hemisphere and we are privileged to care for over 40,000 pets and their families each year. Through our multi-disciplinary facilities, SASH’s core purpose is to help pets and their families live their best lives!
To see more of our beautiful facilities, please click here:
The Surgery Internship:
With our brand new facilities across Western Sydney and North Ryde, our 2023 Surgery Internship will be split across these 2 beautiful hospitals. You will be mentored for a 12 month period with 8 months at North Ryde and 4 months at Western Sydney. As 1 of 3 Surgical Interns, you will assist a team of 6 Specialist Surgeons, 3 Registrars and 3 Residents with diagnosis, surgical treatment, and post operative care of surgical patients. SASH sees a broad range of Orthopaedic and Soft tissue cases. The surgery department is well resourced with state-of-the-art kit and 6 brand new theatres. Imaging is of the highest standard with digital radiology, MRI, CT scanner, Xray and Ultrasound all readily available. You will be further supported by the largest on-site radiology and anaesthesia teams in the country. Our sports medicine and rehabilitation department has also rapidly expanded. You will work closely with 2 Registrars, as well as a number of rehabilitation therapists, assisting with access to laser and hydrotherapy tank treatments.
The internship has been structured to prepare you for a residency in small animal surgery. The program will run for 12 months, with the option of extending to 18 months if appropriate. This allows you adequate time to complete guided project(s) in the hospital’s clinical research areas. The findings of such research will be presented at a scientific meeting and published in a peer-reviewed journal.
You will play a pivotal role in daily rounds and client communication. Assistance in preparation towards membership of the ANZCVS is also available.
Key skills for this role include:
- Intention to pursue specialisation in small animal surgery
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to liaise with many different stakeholders
- Ability to problem solve in a fast paced environment
- Have a flexible approach to issues
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the culture and values of SASH
To be successful in this position you will:
- Have completed a rotating internship
- Have a veterinary degree enabling you to register as a veterinarian in NSW
What we can offer you:
You will be joining a team that is truly committed to helping you excel in your career. You will experience a truly collaborative team environment, setting you up to be a prime candidate for international residency programs!
- Salary package of $78,000 + super and extras
- A great learning environment in a team that loves to share knowledge and experience.
- Supportive team
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing education allowance
- Staff discounts and social events
Don’t miss this opportunity, apply today! This position has an immediate start date available.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Jessica O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org