Specialist Senior Veterinarian (Surgery)
Goulburn Valley Equine Hospital, Shepparton Vic
- Full time, continuing position
- An attractive salary package will be offered
- Up to two positions may be available
Goulburn Valley Equine Hospital (GVEH), located just north of Shepparton, Victoria, is widely regarded as one of Australia’s pre-eminent equine veterinary practices, providing a wide range of first opinion and referral services. GVEH is a busy service, performing approximately 800-900 surgeries annually with a view to expand on its service.
GVEH is seeking up to two specialist equine surgeons to lead the surgical team.
Playing a leading role in the equine surgery service, this opportunity will be responsible for liaising with staff at GVEH to develop and implement a strategy to increase the number of cases currently being seen by the hospital and create new business opportunities to compliment the practice and student experience.
The position will also be responsible for:
- Professionally leading the GVEH team to give the best possible care to patients
- Efficient, enthusiastic management of the equine surgery cases within the Hospital. This involves timely and effective internal and external communication and the instruction of interns, students and other staff as needed
- In conjunction with the Veterinary Tutor at GVEH, encouragement of the involvement of veterinary students in both hospital and ambulatory cases and teaching management is required.
To be successful you will have:
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science or equivalent veterinary degree, and registration as a specialist in equine surgery with Veterinary Practitioners Registration Board of Victoria
- Demonstrated experience in the ability to effectively manage and take a leadership role in an equine surgery
- High level of equine veterinary surgical skills and capacity to communicate and instruct practical surgery
- Demonstrated commercial and practice management experience
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to liaise and influence a range of people across all levels and to effectively communicate advice to others
- Demonstrated high level organisational skills and record keeping capabilities as well as ability to prioritise a range of tasks, manage time effectively and meet deadlines in a busy environment.
- Significant record of working collaboratively as a member of a team
For more information find the Position Description here.
If you are from the region or seeking to move, the hospital is surrounded by a region of Victoria synonymous with great food, wine, waterways and weather for you to discover and enjoy.
To submit your application (CV and cover letter), or if you have any queries about the hospital or role please contact Robert Ralston – Practice Manager (email@example.com).