Specialist Senior Veterinarian (Surgery)
Goulburn Valley Equine Hospital, Shepparton Vic
Goulburn Valley Equine Hospital (GVEH), located just north of Shepparton, Victoria, is widely regarded as one of Australia’s pre-eminent equine veterinary practices, providing a wide range of first opinion and referral services. GVEH performs approximately 800-900 surgeries annually.
GVEH is seeking up to two specialist equine surgeons to lead the surgical team.
Playing a leading role in the equine surgery service, the position will be responsible for liaising with staff at GVEH to develop and implement a strategy to increase the number of cases currently being seen by the hospital and new business opportunities to compliment the practice and student experience.
The position will also be responsible for;
- Professionally leading the GVEH team to give the best possible care to patients
- Efficient, enthusiastic management of the equine surgery cases within the Hospital. This involves timely and effective internal and external communication and the instruction of interns, students and other staff as needed
- In conjunction with the Veterinary Tutor at GVEH, encouragement of the involvement of veterinary students in both hospital and ambulatory cases and teaching management is required
To be successful you must have;
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science or equivalent veterinary degree, and registration as a specialist in equine surgery with Veterinary Practitioners Registration Board of Victoria
- Demonstrated experience in the ability to effectively manage and take a leadership role in an equine surgery
- High level of equine veterinary surgical skills and capacity to communicate and instruct practical surgery
- Demonstrated commercial and practice management experience
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to liaise and influence a range of people across all levels and to effectively communicate advice to others
- Demonstrated high level organisational skills and record keeping capabilities as well as ability to prioritise a range of tasks, manage time effectively and meet deadlines in a busy environment.
- Significant record of working collaboratively as a member of a team
View the position description here
To submit your application (CV and cover letter), or if you have any enquiries please contact: Katie Robertson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Up to two positions may be available.