Specialist Opportunities - Greencross Veterinary Hospital Werribee
- Whilst we are needing experienced Emergency & Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Surgery and Diagnostic Imaging specialists, we are also interested in speaking to any specialist who would be interested in shaping our new veterinary hospital.
Greencross is excited to launch our new state-of-the-art Greencross Veterinary hospital in Werribee.
Opening on the 16th of January 2023, this multidisciplinary veterinary hospital will offer western Melbourne pet owners and their pets access to GP, Emergency and Specialist services. While our team will also be dedicated to supporting our future veterinary practitioners studying at The University of Melbourne with clinical experience.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our inaugural veterinary team and join our Clinical Director, Dr Liam Donaldson
Liam is a JCU 2013 graduate, where upon graduation and undertaking a rotating Internship with QVS developed a passion for Emergency Critical care. While Liam completed his ECC residency at the University of Melbourne, he also completed a Master of Veterinary Studies & a Master of Veterinary Science. Liam boarded as a specialist in Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care through the American College of Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care in 2019. Liam's passion lies in mechanical ventilation, renal replacement therapy and the management and treatment of immune-mediated disease.
Liam is passionate about supporting future veterinarians and nurses in their knowledge and skills within Emergency and Critical Care.
We are driven to develop a strong culture team delivering excellent veterinary care and customer service to the Western Melbourne region, where your ideas, suggestions and participation will be valued.
Whilst we are needing experienced Emergency & Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Surgery and Diagnostic Imaging specialists we are also interested in speaking to any specialist who would be interested in shaping our new veterinary hospital.
Greencross Veterinary Hospital at the University of Melbourne Werribee campus will offer a full-service small animal general practice and referral service, including internal medicine, surgery, anaesthesia, emergency and critical care, Neurology and Radiology, as well as providing excellence in clinical training for University of Melbourne veterinary students.
Your Benefits as a Greencross Employee:
When you join our family, you’ll be supported to develop your career path with access to the following:
- National Clinical Symposium: An in-person clinical conference with over 100 lectures across seven streams.
- Clinical Workshops: In 2022, we ran workshops in ophthalmology, basic ultrasound, soft tissue surgery, wound management, nerve blocks, basic dentistry
- Modular courses for Vets: we offer four-year-long modular courses across ophthalmology, ultrasound, dentistry and radiology.
- Ability to choose access to external resources such as VIN, Plumbs, VetStream and Elsevier.
- Access to GP and AEC webinars through Vet-Webinar, with an extensive archive of on-demand webinars and new webinars, added monthly.
- S&E: RECOVER certification, providing an internationally recognised life-support certification, helping our S&E teams apply consistent and lifesaving evidence-based techniques.
- Access to an opt-in mentoring program
- Stress-Free Pets: team members can do the Stress-Free Pets course, become accredited, and reduce the stress on themselves and their patients.
You will also be provided with the following:
- Full-time or part-time permanent roles that provide flexibility to meet personal or family commitments.
- Competitive above-market salaries, which are reviewed yearly.
- Option to choose paid AVA membership or State Vet Board Registration.
- Additional benefits include but not limited to, paid parental leave, car leasing programs, and discount health and pet insurance.
- Visa and relocation support for international or interstate applicants.
- Opportunity to partake in charity events supported by Petbarn Foundation.
- Free access to confidential Employee Assistance Program lifeWorks 24/7.
To register interest:
For more information or to apply please contact Melissa Bicanic, Lead Talent Business Partner on 0413 178 358 or firstname.lastname@example.org