Specialist in Small Animal Medicine
- Opportunity to work as a Small Animal Internal Medicine Specialist
- Located at Camperdown Campus in the University Veterinary Teaching Hospital Sydney
- Full-Time (38 hours per week), Fixed Term up to 12 Months, Base Salary: $129,733 p.a. Level 9, plus a generous employer's contribution to superannuation
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Head of Medicine, we are seeking to employ a specialist in Small Animal Internal Medicine to provide a clinical service in Small Animal Medicine. You will be responsible to provide a high quality clinical training, close supervision and assessment of undergraduate students at UVTHS and you will supervise resident training.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Specialist in Small Animal Medicine who possesses experience in the following areas:
- Fellow of the ANZCVS, Diplomate ECVIM, or Diplomate ACVIM permitting registration with the NSW Veterinary Practitioners Board as a Small animal Veterinary Specialist.
- Excellent clinical skills
- Experience in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and providing clinical instruction.
- Willingness to supervise resident training for postgraduate specialist qualifications in small animal medicine.
The Sydney School of Veterinary Science (SSVS) in the Faculty of Science at the University of Sydney is ranked 1st in the Southern hemisphere and 9th in the world among veterinary schools (QS rankings, 2019). The SSVS provides a DVM and a range of postgraduate degree programs in veterinary and associated disciplines, with the Teaching Hospitals providing the clinical learning experience for undergraduate students and staff engaged in professional training programs. The hospitals are also commercial centres and provide a range of veterinary services to the public. The Referral Medicine Unit provides care to referral clients and patients.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change, which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 633/0319F to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm, 19 September 2019 (Sydney Time)