Small Animal Surgery Veterinarian
JCU Vet is a wholly owned entity of James Cook University and is purpose built, operating General Practice, Emergency and Referral services.
We are a teaching hospital providing a comprehensive referral service, receiving patients from local and distant general practices. Referral services in Surgery, Internal Medicine, Oncology, Dermatology, Cardiology, Anaesthesia and Advanced Diagnostic Imaging are offered. JCU Vet offers some of the most advanced diagnostic, medical treatment and surgery options in North Queensland.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Small Animal Surgeon to join our Surgery Referral team. You will have the passion and commitment to offer exemplary consultancy and clinical work, the ability to create enduring client relationships and love teaching.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Ideally a minimum of 7 years’ experience working as a Small Animal Surgeon
- Demonstrated commitment to gold standard patient care
- Ability to engage in quality consultancy work and develop and maintain happy, returning client relationships
- Flexible, adaptable and positive approach to work
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills including record keeping
- Encourages and participates in a healthy teaching and learning environment for staff and students
- Work well within a team and a multi-departmental facility by having the capacity to work with all staff, regardless of skill level and experience
Townsville offers a great environment and access to all the wonders of the tropical paradise that is North Queensland. We are home to the world’s best dive site S.S Yongala and the Great Barrier Reef. Townsville embodies a laid back, tropical lifestyle for families of all ages.
A salary which recognises experience will be negotiated with the successful candidates and other benefits include 2 weeks paid study leave. The successful candidate must be qualified to practice in Queensland.
For a confidential discussion or to send applications contact Kate McLeod, Hospital Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or (07) 47813600.