Small Animal Surgery Specialist
Animal Referral and Emergency Centre
We are seeking …..
Board certified or Fellow in small animal surgery.
Registrars? Hit us up, we are interested in talking.
We will fly you here for a visit – stay a day or a week – on us and learn what we have to offer.
What does our team say about our workplace?
"Acknowledgement and appreciation of me as an individual as well as part of the team. Colleagues celebrate your wins and support you through the tough times. Strong emphasis on mental health and work life balance. Experienced colleagues that are always available to discuss a case, day or night. lovely nurses and support staff that all have a great work ethic and team spirit. Vet work gives us the highs and the lows but going through it with a team that not only consist of my colleagues, but now people I call my friends are incredible. Management is proactive in regard to mental and physical health, covid management and the ongoing staff shortage. Protocols in place for everything you can think of which is a blessing. Grateful owners and lovely patients. Surgery team where both Dr Lu and all the experienced surgery nurses are happy to share their knowledge and experience. Great facilities that make workflow easy.
Gold standard care and high emphasis on empathy, integrity and professionalism.
But honestly, the biggest sell for me is to finally be in a workplace where you are appreciated and seen where we are performing gold standard care. Although you may have a tough couple of shifts, you are working with great friends and colleagues."
Why is AREC a great place to work?
- Dedicated, highly skilled veterinary nursing team
- Veterinary interns
- Experienced, sociable and committed veterinary colleagues willing to support you
- Highly experienced management team and front of house staff
Why should I work for AREC instead of somewhere else?
- Lifestyle – see above and below info and videos
- 24 hour care for surgical patients
- Surgical equipment, in house CT and access to high field MRI
"AREC is a workplace that is open, friendly and dedicated to excellence in veterinary care with the freedom to run the service as you see fit. There are opportunities to expand the service and offer training to highly motivated young vets that are just starting their journeys. All in a city with the features of a major capital city but none of the hassles like parking at the beach, peak-hour traffic or parking inspectors (or at least they are rarely out…. not like Waverly Council where they hide in the bushes)"
What’s in it for me?
Freedom to run a surgical service with work place flexibility in terms of the working week
- No after-hours although being contactable for current in hospital cases is important
- Excellent, well-educated clientele that are committed
- Life outside of work
What we can offer you
- Full time employment, with flexibility on days and times.
- Remuneration will be base salary of $160k pa PLUS % of your productivity, PLUS profit share plan, PLUS 10% superannuation (estimated $200-250k pa)
- Sign on bonus – $20k with $10k on signing and $5k at 6 & 12 months
- Relocation expenses – we will pay all relocation expenses to $10k.
- Rent-free accommodation to get you started
- Professional fees
- Membership fees
- Continuing education costs and study leave
- For international applicants, sponsorship is available. We are an approved business sponsor so ready to go. If you are coming from overseas, all quarantine costs in Australia are covered by us.
If you think that you might be what we are looking for, please contact Dr David Tabrett (0439 577 107 firstname.lastname@example.org), or visit https://bit.ly/3vOnIDj to leave your details and we will be in touch.