Small Animal Surgery Resident
Are you a passionate veterinarian seeking to excel in the field of surgery? Do you have a drive for continuous learning, a commitment to gold standard patient care and a desire to work in a supportive and innovative environment? Look no further – Veterinary Specialist Services is offering an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Small Animal Surgical Resident.
- Veterinary Specialist Services is an established Small Animal referral practice.
- We work and collaborate with our internal medicine team and our colleagues in cardiology, ophthalmology, surgery, oncology, critical care, dentistry, nursing and support services.
- We create environments where people can do their best work.
- We employ a team of fun and focussed individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- We are involved in the industry with wide participation in professional groups, universities, continuing education courses.
- We have team members who are internationally recognised for their skills and experience.
- We facilitate our own Annual Conference.
We are excited to welcome a Small Animal Surgical Resident to our experienced team, in a full-time capacity. As a resident at VSS you will have the chance to work in a collaborative and supportive environment with expert mentors. You will diagnose and treat a wide range of challenging cases whilst elevating your skills and knowledge in a dynamic and enriching learning environment.
You will be trained as a part of the ANZCVS Small Animal Surgery fellowship program guidelines. Your supervisors are dedicated and highly motivated individuals. Additionally, they have been examiners of fellowship level exams in recent years providing the experience, expertise, and knowledge to help you through your residency and examination process.
- Be eligible to register as a veterinarian in Queensland.
- Completed a rotating internship or equivalent experience.
- Having attained a membership to the ANZCVS will be highly regarded.
- Deep passion for delivering extraordinary patient care and client services.
- Exceptional communication skills and a collaborative spirit.
- Skilled in problem solving and decision making.
- Devotion to ongoing professional development and staying at the forefront of medical advancements.
Why Join Us?
Veterinary Specialist Services offers more than just a job – we provide a platform for your career to thrive. Joining our team means becoming part of a community that values education, innovation and compassionate care. With a strong reputation for excellence and a focus on continuous improvement, we offer an environment where you can truly make a difference in the lives of animals and their owners.
Our hospital is located in the picturesque Gold Coast, offering a perfect blend of beautiful beaches and natural landscapes. You can experience many recreational pursuits, cultural activities and a warm climate all year round.
How to Apply:
If you are ready to embark on a rewarding journey with VSS as a Small Animal Surgical Resident & develop your surgical skills and take your career to the next level, please send your CV and cover letter to our wonderful HR team at HR@vss.net.au. Applications close on the 22nd September.