Small Animal Radiology Associate (12 month contract)
Animal Referral Hospital - Brisbane, Queensland
Job Number: BR1904
- Work with a leading team of specialists in a new hospital
- Challenging, supportive and encouraging workplace
- Excellent remuneration and benefits on offer
Formed in 2017 as a partnership between local Queensland specialists and the ARH group, ARH Brisbane is a specialist and emergency hospital at Sinnamon Park in Brisbane’s west. Our purpose-designed, state of the art hospital offers small animal surgery, internal medicine and surgical and medical oncology services, in conjunction with an after-hours emergency and critical care service. Imaging facilities at our new hospital in Brisbane include digital radiography, ultrasound, CT and MRI (in 2019).
You will coordinate all aspects of diagnostic imaging performed at the hospital including:
- Coordinating scheduling of the hospitals imaging caseload
- Assisting with acquisition and interpretation of diagnostic images – radiographs, contrast radiographs, CT and MRI scans
- Assisting with imaging and interpretation of selected ultrasound procedures
- Managing paperwork and data storage for all procedures
- Maintaining stock levels of diagnostic imaging related consumables
- Ensuring general maintenance of radiology equipment, software and facilities is carried out
- Supervising strict adherence to radiation safety standards within the practice
You will work under the guidance of our specialists and more broadly within our team of professional veterinarians and expert nursing staff. Veterinarians are expected to participate in daily rounds and weekly journal club or case presentations. You would be encouraged to work towards completion of ANZCVS radiology membership examination.
What we can offer
This position offers an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated, hardworking and professional individual to work and learn in a busy and friendly referral hospital. There may also be opportunities to work at any of our other sites during the 12 months. Since commencement of the diagnostic imaging internship program, all interns have gone on to gain a position in a diagnostic imaging residency training program.
Candidates must be eligible for veterinary registration in QLD and have excellent communication skills and work ethic and a strong knowledge base on which to build. Clinical experience is essential.
The position includes 4 weeks annual leave and 1 week study leave.
The position will commence in June 2019. Applications should include curriculum vitae, a cover letter stating the reasons for seeking the position and the name and contact details of three referees with at least one from an academic and one from a practice/clinical background.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job number BR1904.