Small Animal Oncology Internship
- Are you interested in developing your oncology skills or becoming an oncology specialist?
- Not sure where the best place to start? An internship could be for you!
- Work with a leading provider of specialist and emergency veterinary care
The Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) is a well-established group of specialist veterinary hospitals dedicated to providing the best possible care to our patients, our clients, and our staff. We offer a wide range of specialist services such as 24-hour emergency and critical care, internal medicine, diagnostic imaging, surgery, oncology and radiation oncology, ophthalmology, cardiology, behaviour, and physiotherapy through our facilities in NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD, and SA.
About Your New Role
An exciting opportunity has become available for a highly motivated and professional individual to work and learn in a busy but supportive specialist referral and emergency hospital as a Small Animal Oncology Intern for 12 months on a full-time basis.
- You will work within our Small Animal Oncology Specialist team under the guidance and supervision of our specialists
- You will have close involvement with our other departments (surgery, medicine and emergency)
- You will assist in oncology case management and be closely involved in the assessment, diagnosis and care of a diverse variety of challenging oncology cases
- Participating in radiation patient treatments will be integral to your duties
- You will be expected to participate in case rounds/discussions, inter-practice journal club meetings and case presentations
Our teams have access to the following state-of-the-art imaging and diagnostic equipment in our hospital facility.
- 5T High Field MRI
- 64 slice Siemens cardiac CT scanner
- Digital X-ray
- Cardiac and abdominal ultrasound facilities
- Full in-house laboratory.
- Three fully equipped dedicated surgical theatres.
- Latest Olympus CV-190 endoscopy system.
You will be rewarded for your efforts and contributions with a competitive salary and benefits package, employee wellbeing program, access to our national network of specialists and veterinarians, and the opportunity to learn and develop your skills. Annual leave, study leave, and study allowance is also provided.
You will be encouraged to complete a published work during your internship and gain Small Animal memberships. This position can be viewed as a first step to an oncology residency, either within the service or elsewhere around the world.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor of Veterinary Science or other relevant qualification and be eligible for registration as a veterinary practitioner in NSW
- 1 year of clinical experience and a strong knowledge base on which to build
- Excellent communication and positive attitude to work and learning
- Appropriate work rights for Australia are compulsory
How to Contact Us
If this sounds like the role for you, don’t delay! Send your application including resume, a letter stating the reasons for seeking the internship and the name and contact details of two referees.
Applications should be sent to Matthew Lacey, Talent Acquisition Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Matthew on 0402 715 462 if you would like to discuss this opportunity.