Small Animal Medicine
The University of Melbourne is seeking Veterinarians who are experienced in Small Animal Medicine to work in our teaching hospital who are true team players with high leadership and communication skills. Our primary purpose is to work with clients and the community, providing outstanding 1st class animal care.
Our Veterinarians also educate the next generation of veterinary practitioners and scientists so are expected to enhance the University’s reputation through scholarship in clinical activities, including clinical research and teaching. The latter is achieved by teaching into our Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and clinical training to veterinary postgraduates.
Positions are available with a salary range of AUD $107,547 to $151,900 +17% super.
Working in our newly refurbished, state-of-the-art U-Vet Werribee Animal Hospital based at the Werribee Campus 28 kms or about 30 minutes’ drive from the Melbourne CBD, you will be supported by highly skilled Veterinary Nurses.
Werribee is a large suburb with well-established amenities, plenty of primary and secondary schools and new housing estates. 48 kms further down the coast is Geelong, Victoria’s 2nd largest city and home to public and private schools. It is the gateway to the Bellarine Peninsula known for being family friendly and surf beaches, historic towns and wineries.
You will be an enthusiastic and compassionate Veterinarian - a true team player with exceptional communication skills and able to communicate with clients clearly with tact and diplomacy. The ability to lead and generate enthusiasm amongst others and build effective professional relationships with internal and external clients is important. Being appointed into a university veterinary teaching hospital, means you will have demonstrated experience in teaching (in a veterinary practice, university or other relevant setting) and/or clinical research and/or scholarly activity. Appointment level will be determined by qualifications, experience and outputs as determined by a Selection Panel.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Both Levels - An awarded Bachelor of Veterinary Sciences, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, or equivalent veterinary degree registrable in Victoria with at least two years relevant experience as a veterinarian.
- Level C - A post-graduate qualification in veterinary science/studies, or progress towards having a masters or membership qualification or the RCVS Certificate in Advanced Veterinary Practice.
- Level C - Board certified or Board Eligible, suitable for or registered as a specialist such as: Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists, or equivalent Diplomate status in the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, or in the European College of Veterinary Internal Medicine.
- Availability to work a 24/7 roster which may include nights, weekends and public/University holidays.
What we can offer you:
- Full time, continuing role
- Attractive salary based on qualifications and experience + 17% super
- Attractive relocation package for self and immediate family from primary place of residence to Melbourne and assistance from professional relocation specialists
- Uniquely diverse role with opportunity to expand skillset
- Great, cohesive and supportive team, state-of-the-art facilities with skilled veterinary nurses
- Attractive leave entitlements
- Development of special interest skills through CPD and scholarship opportunities
- Salary packaging - health insurance and novated lease (vehicle)
- University of Melbourne fee discounts for study for self and family
Visit the University of Melbourne’s careers page for further details https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers