Small Animal Medicine Specialist
Passionate about Internal Medicine and Patient Care
- Join a dynamic and thriving Specialist & Emergency centre with a positive empowerment culture
- Rewarding Medicine Specialist role
- Full-time position (part-time considered)
- 4 days per week (can be flexible)
- Competitive Salary
- Assistance with VISA sponsorship for overseas candidates
- Relocation support
- Employee Assistance Program
Are you looking for a fresh start and want to make a difference in a business that prioritises gold-standard patient treatment, and be able to advance your skills and knowledge in all aspects of Internal Medicine? Want to be part of a business that is passionate about creating a positive change in the veterinary work environment, and encourages growth and support of its employees?
We want you to be a part of our team!
We welcome those seeking a collaborative team in providing clinical services, as well as support to our client & referring community. We are a dynamic and growing multi-specialty group, excited to add a new colleague who shares our passion for delivering excellent medicine and investing in our team’s development. You will join established departments in medicine, surgery, emergency, rehabilitation, and dermatology. Delivering excellence in veterinary and patient care to our patients and referring veterinarians at every interaction, in person or via other means is our unwavering target.
Based on the idyllic Sunshine Coast, where you will find some of the world’s most beautiful beaches at your doorstep. Located only 1 hour from Brisbane City and a short 30 mins from the popular holiday destination Noosa, you will find perfect weather all year round, along with world heritage sites Fraser Island and the Great Barrier Reef a short trip away.
Our purpose-built modern facilities provide an outstanding environment within which to do your best work. You’ll enjoy the aesthetic of a recent custom fit-out with onsite parking, cafes, gyms and shops surrounding, our location is not only incredibly accessible but also very convenient. Our fully equipped facilities (including state-of-the-art endoscopy, in-house CT machine, ultrasound and fluoroscopy) will enable you to perform extensive interventional work for your patients and clients.
With a natural ability to lead, organise and time manage you will be a key motivator in assisting the medicine team to not only grow but to improve efficiencies so it can reach its full potential.
You appreciate that the success of a patient’s treatment not only depends on your level of knowledge and skills but also on your ability to communicate with the owner, the team and the referring vet.
Examples of these attributes favoured:
- Attention to detail
- High emotional intelligence
- Ability to multitask under pressure
- Have a sense of humour
- Calmness under pressure
- You will hold a current registration or be eligible for registration with the Queensland Veterinary Surgeons Board.
- You will be an ECVIM, ANZCVS or ACVIM diplomate or be eligible to sit your certifying examinations within a year of employment.
- Have a strong work ethic and be committed to keeping a positive team culture
- Be willing to supervise residents as part of the residency program
- You should have a passion for clinical care and a supportive team environment
- You will be proactive and an exceptional problem solver
- Able to take ownership, accountability, and responsibility.
- Be adaptable and can work independently and within a team.
- Proactive and motivated.
- Can communicate exceptionally well with any team member, client or referring vet.
- Are organised and manage your priorities and time to be highly effective.
Roles within our privately owned business do not become available often, so take action now.
How to Apply:
Please send us your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re accepting applications up to the close of business on 30th March 2024, unless the position is filled prior.
We’re looking forward to meeting you.
No recruitment agencies or calls directly to the office thank you.