Small Animal Internal Medicine Specialist
Location: Essendon Fields, Victoria
- Friendly and Supportive Team
- State of the art facilities and equipment
An opportunity for a Medicine Specialist to join our Essendon team on a full-time fixed-term contract or permanent basis.
Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) Essendon is a 24-hour emergency and specialist referral hospital with a dedicated team working across ECC, Internal Medicine and Surgery. We aim to provide a comprehensive emergency and referral service to veterinarians, their clients and their patients.
Due to our expanding case load, the Medicine Department is seeking a patient-focused small animal internal Medicine Specialist to work with two registered internal medicine specialists, a medicine Intern and a team of highly skilled medical nurses. Choose a fixed-term contract of 6 to 12 months, or a permanent role, involving working up to 4 weekday shifts Monday to Friday, primarily focused on referral case load from general practices throughout Victoria as well as internal referral from a busy Emergency and Critical Care service. This position is available for immediate start.
Responsibilities of the Position
- Consultations, diagnostic investigation and treatment/management of small animal internal medicine cases.
Your Qualifications and Skills
- Registered specialist with AVBC (Australasian Veterinary Boards Council) in Small Animal, Canine or Feline Internal medicine
- Ability to perform advanced diagnostic imaging will be highly regarded (but not essential).
- Knowledge of RxWorks and Smartflow will be highly regarded (but not essential)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing work environments and schedules
- Ability to work sole charge, but also as part of a close-knit team
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills
- Exceptional customer service and strong communication skills
- Highly motivated, strong work ethic, mature and responsible
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a short-term role or looking to try-out the position before committing to a permanent role. The successful candidate will be exposed to a varied and interesting caseload, making a difference to highly critical patients. Relocation packages and support available for interstate and international Vets. International Vets would need to commit to a permanent role.
The team is friendly and supportive, the hospital has state-of-the-art facilities including an onsite MRI, onsite CT, Olympus endoscope suite and Phillips ultrasound equipment. The pay is commensurate to experience, and ongoing training is encouraged.
How to Contact Us
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Rob Labuc on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 14 November 2021.