Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care Specialist
An opportunity exists for a Veterinary Specialist to join our team at ARH Homebush on a full or part-time basis. Flexible hours are available for the right applicant.
- Work with a leading provider of specialist and emergency veterinary care
- Challenging yet supportive environment
- Excellent remuneration and benefits (including relocation package)
- Purpose built ICU featuring three GE Carescape R860 mechanical ventilators, Airvo 2 high flow nasal oxygen system, Intensovet oxygen cages and GE multiparameter monitors.
An exciting opportunity for a third Criticalist to join the Animal Referral Hospital (ARH) in Sydney, Australia on a full-time or part-time permanent basis.
The Animal Referral Hospital is a part of Australia’s largest well-established group of specialist veterinary hospitals dedicated to providing the best possible care to our patients, our clients, and our staff. We offer a wide range of specialist services and provide 24-hour emergency and critical care through our facilities in NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD, and SA. This allows us to provide an exceptional standard of patient care, with access to all the resources, technology & equipment needed for best practice medicine.
Your New Role
An exciting opportunity has become available for a third Emergency and Critical Care Specialist to join a dedicated and friendly team at ARH Homebush. This role involves working as part of our multi-disciplinary referral team which offers specialist services such as 24-hour emergency and critical care, internal medicine, diagnostic imaging, surgery, medical and radiation oncology, ophthalmology, cardiology, behaviour, and physiotherapy.
The Emergency and Critical Care team at ARH Homebush includes over 40 team members including two critical care specialists, one critical care registrar, over 20 emergency veterinarians and a large contingent of nurses. Due to increase in workload and growth of the business, we have recently completed a dedicated, purpose-built ICU.
Our teams have access to the following state-of-the-art imaging and diagnostic equipment in our hospital facility.
- 5T High Field MRI
- 64 slice Siemens cardiac CT scanner
- Digital X-ray
- Cardiac and abdominal ultrasound facilities
- Full in-house laboratory including a Radiometer ABL90 bloodgas and electrolyte analyzer
- Three fully equipped dedicated surgical theatres
- Latest Olympus CV-190 endoscopy system
The ideal applicant will be a registered specialist in Emergency and Critical Care, Fellow (ANZCVS) or Diplomate (ACVECC, ECVECC). Applicants that have completed their residency training are also encouraged to apply.
Above all, we are looking for someone that is motivated, committed to patient care, and shares a vision for a collaborative working environment, where referring veterinarians and pet owners receive personalized gold standard service. This position requires interaction with a large team of specialists, veterinarians and nurses. Good communications skills and an ability to work as a team are essential. A strong commitment to continued professional development is also desirable.
What’s Important to You
- A full-time or part-time permanent role with generous salary and benefits package with no commission structure, to encourage close collaboration across the hospital
- Visa sponsorship is available and financial support towards relocation expenses is on offer
- Exceptional continuing education allowance and support in ongoing professional development in your chosen area of speciality
- Collaborating with a national network of like-minded dedicated specialists, interns, vets, nurses and support team members
Want to join the ARH Team?
If you interested in a great opportunity to be part of a national team of Specialists in a state-of-the-art facility, please forward your resume to Derek.DelSimone@gxltd.com.au