Senior Veterinary Clinician Perth Vet Emergency
An exciting opportunity to become part of the Perth Vet Emergency (PVE) team has recently opened! We are on the lookout for an experienced Senior Veterinarian to join our family and become an integral team member who will ensure patient care and monitoring of critical patients is at the highest level.
PVE is an emergency and critical care hospital for small animals and we are open 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. Working closely with experienced veterinarians in medicine and surgery, the team manage critical care treatment of patients admitted from referral clinics and clients. We pride ourselves on providing gold standard client and patient care and foster a team who are passionate, hard-working and embrace continual learning.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced veterinarian who has worked extensively in the field of emergency and critical care. We also looking for someone who is compassionate, energetic and works well as part of a team. Specialist credentials are not a pre-requisite for this position but will be highly regarded. Candidates with MANZCVS qualifications or other training in veterinary and critical care are encouraged to apply.
At PVE, we are committed to finding the right team to support our hospital. We believe that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We are looking for vets who want to join our ‘team’ because a position at PVE is more than just a job!
What’s on offer?
You will join as part of the Senior Veterinary team within the clinic and for the right person, there is also potential to advance within the business to leadership and management positions. PVE have all the equipment and resources needed to support best practice medicine and ongoing professional development. Additionally, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Access to practical training programs and ongoing clinical support.
- Continuing education allowance and 1-week study leave.
- 5 weeks Paid Holiday Leave (permanent employees).
- Access to an Employee Assistance program to help you thrive in your career and personal life.
- Support in attaining good work-life balance.
- Challenging and satisfying career opportunities.
- A workplace that genuinely cares about its employees and strives for continual improvement.
- Free onsite parking, close to public transport, access to staff discounts and social events.
- Must have at least 5 years’ veterinary experience.
- Specialist or MANZCVS qualifications are desirable but not required.
- Must be eligible for veterinary registration in the state of Western Australia and hold a current radiation license.
- A strong work ethic and commitment to the culture and values of PVE.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues.
- The ability to multi task and remain calm under pressure.
- Must have availability to work on a rotating roster across days, nights, weekends and public holidays.
If you’d like to find out further information on this position, visit the practice, or speak with any of the PVE vets about their experiences, please contact Caroline Rattenbury on firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, take a look at our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PerthVetEmergency or our website https://www.pve.net.au.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting reference number PVSVET1903.