Senior Registrar in Anaesthesia at The Animal Hospital at Murdoch University
- Fixed term, full time position (37.5 hours per week)
- Two year contract
- Level 0909 | $111k-$116k plus 9.5% employer superannuation contributions
- Salary Packaging opportunities
- Ref: 2373A01/202616
The Animal Hospital At Murdoch University (TAHMU) is the clinical and teaching facility supporting the School of Veterinary Medicine (SVM), and as such is an integral part of the academic capability of the School. Apart from the hospital on the main campus on South Street (which includes paddocks and a working farm), the SVM also has an outstation at Whitby Falls. Apart from teaching and clinical work, the SVM is very active in undertaking research work, which is very prestigious and greatly reflects the ethos of Murdoch as a whole.
About the Role
The Senior Registrar in Anaesthesia provides competent, specialist-level veterinary services in Anaesthesia, and practical instruction to veterinary students, residents and specialty trainees.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- Veterinary degree registrable by the Veterinary Surgeons’ Board of Western Australia.
- Completion of a residency and possession of a professional post-graduate qualification in Anaesthesia (e.g. FANZCVS, European or American College).
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical leadership, exercise initiative in undertaking responsibilities and work effectively as a team member.
- Experience in training and supervision of students, interns and residents in companion animal medicine.
What you’ll get in return:
You will be part of a vibrant and talented team of customer service professionals, work in an innovative and lively university community and enjoy the benefits that come with working at Murdoch.
Our people enjoy a lively, natural campus and world-class facilities, as well as a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration, including 9.5% superannuation
- Paid leave entitlements
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging options
- Employee Assistance Program
- On Campus Services and Facilities, including a Childcare Centre, Gym, Vet Hospital and Chiropractic Clinic
Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining addressing the selection criteria prior to the closing date of this advertisement via the current vacancies page.
Position contacts: Dr Anthea Raisis – Senior Lecturer Veterinary Anaesthesia at A.Raisis@murdoch.edu.au
Murdoch University values workplace diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women, and individuals with disability. Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.
Closing date: 9th December 2020 (11:59pm)
The University reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement at any time.