Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care - Murdoch University
- Fixed term, full time position (37.5 hours per week)
- 12-month parental leave cover commencing January 2020
- Senior Lecturer | $115k-$132k plus 9.5% employer superannuation contributions
- Clinical & Professional Practice Work Profile
- Ref: 0949J03/202392
The College of Science, Health Education and Engineering (“SHEE”) was formed in 2018 from an amalgamation of the Schools of Veterinary and Life Science, Biological Sciences and Biotechnology and Environmental Science, Engineering and IT and Education. The combination of these individually strong areas has resulted in a new and enlarged College with major strengths in teaching and research across diverse areas.
We are looking for an enthusiastic veterinarian to provide leadership in clinical training in Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (VECC); including delivering lectures, tutorials, seminars, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, clinical sessions, and marking and assessments to veterinary students at varying levels. Clinical academics are also expected to have a more senior role in research projects such as designing the data collection protocols, analysis, some interpretation and responsibility in writing research findings.
Skills and Experience
The preferred candidate will have:
- A degree in veterinary science registrable with the Veterinary Surgeons’ Board of Western Australia
- A professional qualification (e.g. Dip ACVECC) that would allow registration as a specialist in veterinary emergency and critical care in Western Australia.
- Demonstrated success in supervising residents, honours and postgraduate students.
Applicants should refer to the Position Description for further detail on the duties, skills and experience required for this role.
For more information or to apply:
Please visit the current vacancies page to view the Position Description and apply, or to find out more about joining Murdoch.
Murdoch University values workplace diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, and people with disability.
Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.
Position contact: Claire Sharp, Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care at C.Sharp@murdoch.edu.au.
Closing date: 25th October 2019 (11:59pm)