Senior Lecturer in Veterinary Anaesthesia
- Continuous, Full Time
- ACSLC | $119k - $137k plus 17% employer superannuation contributions (Market Loading Negotiable)
- Salary Packaging opportunities
- Ref: 130405/1328J01
The School of Veterinary Medicine forms part of the College of Science, Health, Engineering and Education (SHEE) and was the first in Australia to be built as a purpose-designed veterinary teaching and research facility. The school is responsible for the training of veterinary science graduates to enable lifelong professional success. The degree program has received international accreditation and a central part of the training is development of core clinical competencies. As part of this process veterinary science students undertake training in our hospital, clinics, and clinical services.
We are seeking an experienced Veterinary Anaesthetist academic at Senior Lecturer level to join the team. The role fits a Research and Teaching (‘research track’) profile with appropriate experience and qualifications. As the Senior Lecturer, you will have a significant contribution to the teaching effort of Veterinary Anaesthesia through the preparation and delivery of lectures, tutorials, program coordination and supervision of honours and postgraduate students.
What you’ll bring to this role
The preferred candidate will have:
- Veterinary degree registrable by the Veterinary Surgeons’ Board of Western Australia.
- Board certification (e.g. FANZCVS, Dip ACVAA or Dip ECVAA) to enable application for registration as a specialist with the Veterinary Surgeons’ Board of Western Australia.
- A doctoral qualification and established research and supervisory profile.
- Experience as a veterinary academic.
- Demonstrated experience and success in innovative course and teaching program design.
Applicants should refer to the Position Description for further details on the work requirements, duties, skills and experience required for this role. Applicants must have valid work rights.
What you’ll get in return
You will be part of a vibrant and talented team, work in an innovative and lively university community and enjoy the benefits that come with working at Murdoch.
Our people enjoy a lively, natural campus and world-class facilities, as well as a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration
- Paid leave entitlements
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging options
- Employee Assistance Program
- On Campus Services and Facilities, including a Childcare Centre, Gym, Vet Hospital and Chiropractic Clinic
Please apply by submitting the documents below:
- A cover letter including a statement addressing the selection criteria (found in the Position Description)
- Your most recent resume (CV)
Please visit the Current Vacancies page to view the position description for this role.
Please see the Applicant Guide for more information. Applications sent by post or email will not be accepted. Please note visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Position contact: Dr Henry Annandale, Interim Principal College of Veterinary Medicine at PrincipalCVM@murdoch.edu.au
Murdoch University values diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, women, and people with disability to apply. Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.
Closing date: 29 June 2022(9:59pm AWST)