Senior Emergency Veterinarian (ARH Essendon Fields)
The Animal Referral Hospital was Australia’s first privately owned multi-disciplinary specialist hospital, and today it is a part of the largest emergency and specialist group in Australia, hosting the largest contingent of Emergency Veterinarians and Criticalists in the Country.
Our hospital has all the items required to practice emergency and critical care at the highest level, including intensive care ventilators, blood gas analysis, cage-side ultrasound and on-site CT and MRI. We also work closely with Surgery and Medicine Specialists to be available to deliver the best standard of care.
The Senior Emergency Veterinarian position would suit a hard-working, motivated veterinarian with 5-6+ years’ clinical experience managing a team, and participating in the running of the hospital at a senior management level.
Working alongside our 6 Senior emergency vets, many of whom have worked together for some time at ARH Essendon Fields, the senior ECC vet role includes rotation through daytime, night-time, evening and weekend shifts.
Your skills & experience
- Veterinary degree available for registration in Victoria
- 5+ years of experience
- Comfortable with sole charge veterinary responsibilities
- Hold a membership in ECC
- Team management experience
- Ability to communicate tactfully with colleagues, pet owners and referring veterinarians
- A genuine enjoyment of helping people and their pets
Our Offer to You
- A 12 month Full-Time contract, starting in August, with the opportunity to stay on long term
- Up to $180,000 pa, depending on experience
- Opportunity to manage junior ECC Vets
- Make a difference in the medical management of emergency and critically ill patients
As part of Greencross you will also receive the following benefits:
- Strong Internal Continuing Education Program
- Career development and National Mentoring program: Let us know your area of interest and we can provide extra training and education through our Specialist network
- Personal access to the latest resources available to assist you to be update to date on the latest information
- National Membership Study groups
- Annual Greencross Veterinary Symposium Conference
- Consultation Coaching provided by On Switch. We provide ongoing training sessions in the art of customer service and client communication.
- Relocation and Sponsorship for you and your family available – Pathway to Permanent Residency
- Ability to travel and locum for any ARH and Greencross Clinic if working holidays interest you.
- We support many Charity Volunteer Animal and Rescue groups
- Paid Parental Leave, flexible working arrangements and back-to-work programs.
Apply now or email Ashleigh.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more!