Senior Clinician - Production Animal Services
SCHOOL OF VETERINARY SCIENCE, THE UNIVERSITY OF QUEENSLAND, GATTON, AUSTRALIA
About This Opportunity
The successful applicant will contribute as a Senior Clinician and provide clinical veterinary leadership across teaching, service, and engagement in the School of Veterinary Science Production Animal Service. These activities will extend across degree programs within the School including the BVSc (Hons) and BVetTech.
Key responsibilities will include:
Clinical Service and Engagement
- Lead the School’s Production Animal Service at UQ VETS Gatton in the provision of high-quality veterinary services predominantly in cattle (both dairy and beef), sheep and other production animals.
- Manage the clinicians in the service including their competing work demands and to align and maintain the service with the strategic and operational goals of the School.
- Contribute to daily operations and management of the service and practice good business management.
- Contribute towards the emergency and after-hours veterinary service.
- Demonstrate sound financial responsibility as a member of the Veterinary Teaching Hospitals team that offers veterinary clinical services to clients in a fee-for-service arrangement conducted in a teaching hospital environment.
- Actively promote and foster the School of Veterinary Science’s relations with industry, government departments, professional bodies, and the wider community.
- Teach into the Production Animal Service’s clinical rotation at the Gatton campus work integrated learning (WIL) of final year BVSc(Hons) and BVetTech programs.
- Contribute towards teaching into undergraduate and postgraduate courses in fields related to production animals in the BVSc(Hons) and BVetTech programs.
- Provide support to school and university researchers in the planning and delivery of research projects involving campus animal units and or external client farms.
This role is subject to The University’s Code of Conduct.
- A degree in Veterinary Science (or equivalent), registerable in Queensland.
- 5-10 years’ experience in production animal medicine preferably cattle (dairy and/or beef) and small ruminants.
- Demonstrated management and leadership experience in a clinical capacity, either large animal or mixed animal practice.
- Advanced clinical training or specialist eligible qualification or clinical experience relevant to production animal veterinary service would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to teach students production animal medicine to a high standard, using a range of approaches at the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, teamwork, negotiation and consultation skills and formal written and oral communication skills.
What We Can Offer
This is a Full-time 1 FTE Continuing position through to at HEW 8.
The full-time equivalent base salary will be in the range $100,264 to $112,583 plus super of up to 17%.
For further information about UQ’s benefits, please visit Why Work at UQ and review The University of Queensland's Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2018 - 2021.
To discuss this role please contact Dr Bruce Smith at email@example.com
For application queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference number in the subject line.
Want to Apply?
To submit an application for this role, go to the UQ Careers portal and use the Apply button.
All applicants must upload the following documents for your application to be considered:
- Cover letter addressing the ‘About You’ section
About The Selection Process
To satisfy pre-requisite questions and ensure your application can be considered in full, all candidates must apply via the UQ Careers portal by the job closing deadline or will not be accepted.
Applications close: 31 January 2022
Job No: R-02534