The Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH), has a prominent location in Sydney, Australia and is a large veterinary referral hospital providing a complete range of clinical services to their clients and patients. SASH has an excellent reputation for providing the highest level of quality health care service to veterinary patients with a wide range of clinical services including internal medicine, neurology, surgery, oncology, cardiology, rehabilitation, ophthalmology, dermatology, exotics, radiology, anaesthesia, critical care, rehabilitation and 24-hour emergency services.
The hospital offers a brand new Intensive Care Unit, full service in-house lab, ultrasound, CT scanner, high- field MRI, digital radiography, laparoscopy, endoscopy, fluoroscopy and more.
We have a 12-month rotating internship position available to start in July 2019. The successful applicant will be required to assist the specialists to ensure that patients and clients get the best veterinary care possible. These positions are also a structured learning opportunity and will allow access to a varied case load with the support of highly qualified professionals.
This 12-month, full-time position will involve being exposed to all the specialties in the hospital, on rotations as well as elective opportunities.
Key skills for this role include:
- Strong care and service orientation with a hands-on approach
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to liaise with different levels within a practice
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Have a flexible approach to issues
- Self-motivated and committed to ongoing professional development
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the culture and values of SASH
- Eagerness to have primary involvement in cases and look forward to tackling a high and interesting case load
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Tertiary qualified Veterinarian with a preferred minimum of 1-year experience, however new graduates are encouraged to apply
- Current registration with the Veterinary Practitioners Board of NSW
- Interest in specialisation and/or further education and ‘best practice’ approach
What we can offer you:
- Many recent graduates of the program have gone onto residencies and specialty internships in their chosen field, both domestically and internationally
- Regular intern group tutorials, talks and rounds sessions to further case understanding
- Supportive team
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing education allowance
- Staff discounts and social events
- Study group and support for MANZCVS examinations
- Free onsite parking and close to public transport
If you are interested in the prospect of working with a great team with plenty of support at all times from other vets and nurses in a hospital with excellent facilities and challenging and rewarding cases, don’t miss this opportunity, apply today!
The Intern Class of 2019 – 2020, starts July 2019.
Due to the popularity of our course, we are only able to offer 1 intake per year.
The next step is to forward your resume with a letter of intent: Jessica O’Connor quoting Reference No: KINT2019/03 to email: email@example.com.