Internal Medicine Specialist
Small Animal Specialist Hospital Central Coast
The Small Animal Specialist Hospital Central Coast (SASH CC), has a prominent location in the Tuggerah Business district. The hospital has been in operation for almost 2 years and is continually expanding and adding new services to provide a complete range of veterinary care to our clients, patients and referring veterinarians. SASH has an excellent reputation for providing the highest level of quality health care to our patients and the highest level of service for their owners. We offer a wide range of specialist services including Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Surgery, Oncology, Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, on-site Radiology, and 24 hour Emergency services. The hospital network is also well supported by specialist Neurology, Critical Care, Anaesthesia, Reproduction and Avian and Exotics services.
The hospital is well equipped with Olympus bronchoscope and gastroscope as well as rigid endoscopes and full service in-house lab. Imaging is of the highest standard with digital radiography, 64 slice CT scanner, Philips Affinity 70 ultrasound including cardiac package, portable point of care ultrasound and access to a high field (1.5T) MRI at our Sydney hospital operated by a full-time radiographer. The Sydney hospital also has an onsite linear accelerator operated by a dedicated radiation therapist and a radiation oncologist. Our nurses are highly trained and supported by two specialist anaesthetists.
The successful applicant will be working with a multi-disciplinary team of specialists as well as a team of dedicated emergency clinicians and interns and friendly support staff. You must be comfortable in an environment where all are encouraged to collaborate on patient care, and where referring veterinarians and pet owners receive personal and attentive service.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Degree in Veterinary Science registrable in NSW
- Self motivated with a commitment to ongoing professional development
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to providing the highest level of patient care
- The ability to work as part of a team and maintain a positive attitude
- The ability to multi-task and manage a high case load.
- Good work ethic and commitment to the culture and values of SASH
- Effective time management and organisation skills
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Board certified or Board qualified Internal Medicine Specialist
- A Fellow of the ANZCVS or a Diplomat with ACVIM or ECVIM
Candidates who have complete approved training programs but are yet to finalise exams are also strongly encouraged to apply
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Continuing education allowance and conference leave
- Free onsite parking and close to public transport
- Supportive team of SASH specialists, nurses and support staff
- Employee Assistance Program
- Complete cover of the cost of sponsorship if required
- A great learning environment in a team that loves to share knowledge and experience
If you would like to know more, please contact our HR department on 02 9889 0289 with any questions!
The next step is to forward your resume with a cover letter addressing the essential criteria quoting Reference No: MEDSP/A2018 Attention: Lauren Cook, to email: firstname.lastname@example.org.