Senior Veterinarian - Graduate Trainer
RSPCA NSW Hunter (Rutherford) and Tighes Hill Veterinary Hospitals (Newcastle region)
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals – New South Wales is Australia's pre-eminent animal welfare organisation. RSPCA NSW provides a strong voice for animals experiencing cruelty and neglect. The RSPCA NSW is committed to the care and welfare of animals, providing extensive professional facilities, including fully equipped veterinary hospitals and our state-wide shelter network, with 200 staff across NSW to care for animals.
This is a newly developed role to support recently graduated veterinarians into the workplace and provide insights and opportunities into the animal welfare sector. The successful applicant will provide knowledgeable, skilled and supportive guidance to graduates and foster an interest in welfare focused veterinary medicine.
Reporting to the Managing Veterinarian your responsibilities will include:
- Professional development support and mentoring to recent veterinary graduates
- Providing a principal contact and liaison point for the graduate program
- Oversee and coordinate the participation of the graduates in day to day clinical activities across two hospitals
- Day to day support, guidance and assistance in the graduates workplace practices/skill development
- Develop and review training milestones
- Manage graduates performance
- Providing clinical leadership and mentoring to our veterinary team
- Providing clinical support to our hospitals for both private patients and shelter animals
- Liaison with other professionals to build workplace mentoring opportunities
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and abilities:
- Tertiary qualified Veterinary Surgeon – essential
- Minimum 5 years practical Veterinary Surgeon experience in a senior role
- Tertiary qualifications in Certificate IV Training and Assessment – advantageous
- Proven ability to mentor, coach and develop others
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Hold a current unrestricted Class C NSW driver's licence
- Ability to work autonomously and use initiative
- Team player
To apply, please provide a cover letter outlining how you meet the selection criteria along with your current resume.
For further information relating to the role please contact Tonya Stokes, Managing Veterinarian by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.