Rotating Internship at the Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH)
Are you looking to take the first step towards a specialist career in Veterinary Medicine? SASH offers a prestigious 12 month Rotating internship program that will kick start your career and open the door to many exciting career opportunities for you both locally and internally at SASH!
ROTATING INTERNSHIP - SASH, CENTRAL COAST
The Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH) is Australia’s largest and most distinguished animal referral and emergency Hospital. Over the past 14 years, SASH has developed a reputation that is globally renowned, attracting the top talent across all veterinary fields. Our Tuggerah Hospital offers a wide range of clinical services including a 24-hour Emergency service, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Radiology, and Rehabilitation. This has made us the go-to facility for clients wishing to receive the gold standard of care for their pets, with our team working hard to ensure the service we deliver is second to none.
This prestigious program will provide you with an opportunity to work with a variety of our experienced specialists to providing care to our patients and their families over a 12-month period. This program offers you a structured learning opportunity giving you access to a varied case load with the support of the wider SASH team. This includes rotating through each of the departments in the hospital as well as being provided with elective opportunities should you have an interest in a particular service. This is a full-time position with an expected start date of July, 2021.
We are looking for passionate, dedicated and enthusiastic vets with a thirst to learn. This is a challenging program and will require you to have an adaptable and proactive approach to situations. To be considered for a position, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Strong care and service orientation with a hands-on approach
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to liaise with different levels within a practice
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Self-motivated and committed to ongoing professional development
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the culture and values of SASH
- Eagerness to have primary involvement in cases and look forward to tackling a high and interesting case load
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Tertiary qualified Veterinarian with a preferred minimum of 1-year experience, however new graduates will be considered
- Current registration with the Veterinary Practitioners Board of NSW
- Interest in specialisation and/or further education and ‘best practice’ approach
What we can offer you:
- Graduates of the SASH internship program go on to be offered specialty internships and residencies in their chosen field, both domestically and internationally
- Regular intern group tutorials, talks and rounds sessions to further case understanding
- Supportive team
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing education allowance
- Team member discounts and social events
- Study group and support for ANZCVS examinations
- Onsite Parking
If you are looking to further your knowledge and skills at a specialist facility offering plenty of support from our team of specialists, vets and nurses with excellent facilities and challenging and rewarding cases, don’t miss this opportunity, apply today!
The SASH Intern Class of 2021 – 2022, starts July 2021.
The next step is to forward your resume with a letter of intent to: Matthew Lacey quoting Reference No: INTCCW/2022 to email: email@example.com