Rotating Internship Program – North Ryde and Tuggerah - at The Small Animal Specialist Hospital
Are you looking to take the first step towards a specialist career in Veterinary Medicine? The current Covid climate has meant the team are doing a second intake this year and this is your chance to join our exceptional program! The SASH 12 month Rotating internship program will kick start your career and open a number of exciting opportunities to you at the conclusion of our program.
The Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH) is Australia’s leading specialist and referral hospital located in Sydney. SASH has an excellent reputation for providing the highest level of care service to our patients and their families. SASH is equipped to provide our patients with a complete diagnostic service for conclusive results through the following departments: internal medicine, neurology, surgery, oncology, cardiology, rehabilitation, ophthalmology, dermatology, exotics, radiology, anaesthesia, critical care, rehabilitation and 24-hour emergency services.
For more information on SASH and the services we provide, please visit our website: www.sashvets.com
This prestigious program will provide you with an opportunity to work with a variety of our experienced specialists to provide care to our patients and their families over a 12-month period. This program offers you a structured learning opportunity giving you access to a varied case load with the support of the wider SASH team. This includes rotating through each of the departments in the hospital as well as being provided with elective opportunities should you have an interest in a particular service. This is a full-time position with an expected start date of November, 2020. We have multiple positions available in North Ryde and at Tuggerah.
We are looking for passionate, dedicated and enthusiastic vets with a thirst to learn and expand their knowledge and gain experience in a multi-specialty hospital. This is a challenging program and will require you to have an adaptable and proactive approach to situations. To be considered for a position, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Strong care and service orientation with a hands-on approach
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to liaise with different levels within a practice
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Self-motivated and committed to ongoing professional development
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the Values and Behaviours of SASH
- Eagerness to have primary involvement in cases and look forward to tackling a high and interesting case load
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Tertiary qualified Veterinarian with a preferred minimum of 1-year experience, however new graduates will be considered
- Current registration with the Veterinary Practitioners Board of NSW
- Interest in specialisation and/or further education and ‘best practice’ approach
What we can offer you:
- Graduates of the SASH internship program best placed to be offered specialty internships and residencies in their chosen field, both domestically and internationally
- Regular intern group tutorials, talks and rounds sessions to further case understanding
- Supportive team
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Team member discounts and social events
- Study group and support for MANZCVS examinations
- Close to public transport
If you are looking to further your knowledge and skills in a specialist facility, offering plenty of support from our team of specialists, vets and nurses with excellent facilities and challenging and rewarding cases, don’t miss this opportunity, apply today!
The second SASH Intern Class of 2020 – 2021 starts November 2020.
The next step is to forward your resume with a letter of intent: Jessica O’Connor quoting Reference No: INTNC/ANCVS to email: firstname.lastname@example.org.