Registrar/Senior Registrar in Veterinary Pathology
School of Veterinary Medicine
- Fixed term full-time role until October 2021
- Registrar I $95k-$109k + 9.5% employer superannuation contributions
- Senior Registrar I $109k-$115k + 9.5% employer superannuation contributions
- Ref: 0263J16/202591
The School of Veterinary Medicine within the College of Science, Health, Engineering and Education was the first in Australia to be built as a purpose-designed veterinary teaching and research facility and is responsible for the training of veterinary science graduates to enable lifelong professional success.
The Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree program has received international accreditation and a central part of the training is development of core clinical competencies. As part of this process veterinary science students undertake training in our hospital, clinics and clinical services.
The Registrar / Senior Registrar Veterinary Pathology provides competent, veterinary pathology services, conducting necropsies and biopsy diagnosis, and practical instruction to undergraduate veterinary students, residents and interns.
The successful candidate will have:
- Veterinary degree registrable by the Veterinary Surgeons’ Board of WA
- Further training (e.g. residency) in Veterinary pathology
- Postgraduate qualifications (e.g. MANZCVS) desirable but not essential for the Registrar position.
- Specialist qualifications (FANZCVS or Dip ACVS) essential for the Senior Registrar position
Applicants should refer to the Position Descriptions for further detail on the duties, skills and experience required for each role.
With strong links to government, business and the community, Murdoch University helps people discover how to make a difference. Our staff and students are committed to high quality education, innovative research, and strong community engagement both locally and internationally.
You will be part of a vibrant and talented team of Veterinary professionals, work in an innovative and lively university community and enjoy the benefits that come with working at Murdoch.
Our people enjoy a natural campus and world-class facilities, as well as a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration
- Paid leave entitlements
- Flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging options
- Employee Assistance Program
- On Campus Services and Facilities, including a Childcare Centre, Gym and Chiropractic Clinic
Please submit a cover letter, a CV and a statement addressing the selection criteria (found in the Position Description) via the Murdoch University current vacancies page. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
Murdoch University values workplace diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, and people with disability.
Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.
Position contact: Professor Giselle Hosgood, Principal School of Veterinary Medicine +61 8 9360 2265 or at PrincipalCVM@murdoch.edu.au
Closing date: 09 October 2020 (11:59pm)
The University reserves the right to remove this advert at any time.