Registrar in Small Animal Medicine - The Animal Hospital at Murdoch University
- 12 month full-time fixed-term contract
- H0808 | $95k pro-rata plus 9.5% employer superannuation contributions
- Ref: 202599/0146G13
Murdoch University is home to the only Veterinary School in Western Australia, and its prestigious teaching hospital provides the clinical facility that enables students to have clinical ‘hands-on’ training. It also provides a service to community through its team of top specialists who oversee the care and treatment of all animals referred to the Hospital.
The Animal Hospital At Murdoch University(TAHMU) aims to provide an environment where high professional and clinical standards, based on available scientific evidence, are tempered with genuine care and compassion.
A 12-month full-time fixed-term opportunity is available to work within the Small Animal Medicine discipline at TAHMU. The Registrar in Small Animal Medicine provides competent, specialist-level veterinary services in Small Animal Medicine, and practical instruction to veterinary students, residents and specialty trainees.
The successful candidate will have:
- Veterinary degree registrable by the Veterinary Surgeons’ Board of Western Australia.
- Completion of a residency in Small Animal Medicine.
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours when required.
- Excellent organisational, time and workload management skills, including the ability to prioritise workload to meet strict deadlines.
- Highly effective communication, customer service and interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated ability to interact constructively and collaboratively with staff at all levels of an organisation, with clients and with referring veterinarians.
- Demonstrated ability to work cohesively in a team environment.
Applicants should refer to the Position Description for further detail on the duties, skills and experience required for this role.
What you’ll get in return:
You will be joining a talented team of Veterinarians working at Western Australia’s premiere animal treatment facility, The Animal Hospital at Murdoch University.
Employees of Murdoch University enjoy a lively, natural campus and world-class facilities, as well as a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration, including 9.5% superannuation
- Paid leave entitlements
- Salary packaging options
- Easy access onsite parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- On Campus Services and Facilities, including a Childcare Centre, Medical Centre, Gym and Chiropractic Clinic.
To Apply for a role
To apply, please visit Careers at Murdoch and submit the below documents with your application:
- A cover letter including a statement addressing the selection criteria (found in the Position Description)
- Your most recent resume (CV)
The position description, which contains further information regarding the role can be found on the Careers at Murdoch page.
Please see the Applicant Guide for more information. Applications sent by post or email will not be accepted.
Please note visa sponsorship is not available for these positions.
Murdoch University values workplace diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, and people with disability.
Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.
Position contact: Associate Professor Cristy Secombe (Clinical Director Animal Hospital) - C.Secombe@murdoch.edu.au
Closing date: Friday 9 October 2020 (11:59pm)