Radiation Oncology Internship
The Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH), was established at North Ryde in 2007 and we have just celebrated our 15th birthday! We have since opened hospitals on the Central Coast, Adelaide and Western Sydney, with a 5th our hospital in Alexandria, due to open later this year. SASH North Ryde is the largest referral hospital in the Southern Hemisphere and we are privileged to care for over 40,000 pets and their families each year. Our departments include: medical and radiation oncology, internal medicine, neurology and neurosurgery, surgery, cardiology, ophthalmology, dermatology, radiology, anaesthesia, emergency and critical care, rehabilitation and 24-hour emergency services. Through our multi-disciplinary facilities, SASH’s core purpose is to help pets and their families live their best lives!
To see more of our beautiful facilities, please click here:
The Radiation Oncology Internship:
We have an exciting opportunity for our first Small Animal Radiation Oncology Intern to join the team. This is one of the only internships of its kind in Australia, offering you an unparalleled Radiation Oncology experience! You will assist Dr Elias Gumpel over a 12 month period, ensuring patients and clients get the best veterinary care possible. This position is also a structured learning opportunity and will allow access to a varied case load with the support of highly qualified professionals. SASH has the best Linear Accelerator in the country, located on-site as part of the SASH Cancer Centre. If you are interested in pursuing Oncology as a specialty, there is nowhere in the country better equipped to help you start your journey!
To be considered for a position, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to liaise with many different stakeholders
- Have a flexible approach to issues
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the culture and values of SASH
- Intensions to pursue specialisation in small animal oncology
- Have completed a rotating internship is highly desirable OR at least 2 years post qualification experience
- Ability to register as a veterinarian in NSW through the VPB of NSW.
What’s in it for You?
You will be joining a team that is truly committed to helping you excel in your career. You will experience a truly collaborative team environment, setting you up to be a prime candidate for international residency programs!
- Salary of $78,000 + super and extras
- A great learning environment in a team that loves to share knowledge and experience
- Supportive team
- Continuing education allowance
- Staff discounts and social events
- Study leave
- Support for membership exams
- Journal Club and internship meeting
Applications close February 1, 2023, unless filled prior. This position has an immediate start available.
If you have questions, please give Jessica a call on 0421 820 730. To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Jessica O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org