Racing Veterinary Surgeon (CRC)
We have an exciting opportunity for suitably experienced, service oriented veterinarians committed to providing exceptional veterinary care to join the Department of Veterinary Clinical Services (DVCS) team at the Hong Kong Jockey Club.
The DVCS is a team of veterinarians and highly skilled technicians who have a collaborative approach to clinical services. Our vision is to be a center-of-excellence for health care for active and retired Thoroughbred racehorses thereby contributing to the success of HKJC.
The HKJC Conghua Racecourse (CRC) based in Guangzhou, China is a HK$3.7 billion world-class facility for the training and rehabilitation of Hong Kong’s racehorses. Spread across 150 hectares, it has capacity to house more than 660 horses in-training that travel to Hong Kong to race, horses resting and undergoing rehabilitation programs and retired racehorses. The veterinary hospital at CRC features spacious and state of the art facilities and equipment.
You will be responsible for providing quality veterinary clinical services for racehorses at the HKJC. You will be an active participant in initiatives that contribute to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers, including Racing Control, veterinary regulation, trainers, horse owners and other stakeholders.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide high quality veterinary clinical services to active and retired racehorses stabled at the CRC, and when required to do so, in Hong Kong, to ensure the health and well-being of all the Club’s racehorses.
- Be committed to the delivery positive outcomes that will contribute to the sustainability and success of the racing industry in a rapidly changing social environment.
- Be service oriented, consistently deliver high quality clinical service standards and strive to achieve continuous improvement in these areas.
- Strive to implement strategies that will contribute to the prevention of diseases and injuries and aim to achieve optimal wellness, athletic performance and durability of horses.
- Be a team-player who anticipates and recognizes the needs of others in the work-place, make themselves available to assist and support team members including junior veterinarians, supervisors, Club officials and others.
- Be a highly effective communicator and strive to maintain a collaborative clinic culture with open communication amongst veterinarians and other staff.
- Maintain safe work practices and take responsibility for the safety of support staff during routine operations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Degree in Veterinary Science or Veterinary Medicine, eligible for registration with the Veterinary Surgeon’s Board in Hong Kong.
- Post-graduate training or qualification in equine medicine, sports medicine and rehabilitation, diagnostic imaging or another relevant discipline is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in the practice of quality equine racetrack medicine, routine veterinary care, prevention, diagnosis and management of veterinary conditions in Thoroughbred racehorses.
- In-depth knowledge of veterinary aspects of the Thoroughbred racing industry.
- A strong interest in equine sports medicine and rehabilitation.
- A high standard of integrity and commitment to the success of the racing industry.
To learn more about the position please click here.
Terms of Employment
The successful applicant will be offered a 3 year contract subject to completion of a satisfactory 6 month probation period. An attractive remuneration package is offered commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
All applications must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information and for further questions, please contact Dr Catherine (Cate) Steel, Senior Veterinarian, Conghua Racing Centre. email@example.com