Positions Vacant - Various
Join a committed team dedicated to educating the vets of the future at one of the world's leading educational institutions focusing on the Tropics.
- Influence the Vets of the future making a difference to life in the Tropics
- Enjoy work / life balance
- Enjoy a tropical lifestyle and achieve y our career goals
We offer the following opportunities to join our world-leading institution at the JCU Townsville, Bebegu Yumba campus, Townsville.
- 17388 - Veterinary Radiologist
- 17389 - Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Companion Animal Medicine (2 positions)
- 17390 - Veterinary Emergency Medicine and Critical Care (2 positions)
- 17442 - Veterinary Anaesthetist
- 17443 - Small Animal Surgery (2 positions)
- 17510 – Lecturer / Senior Lecturer, Veterinary Preventative Medicine
More information about each of the positions is available here
What you can accomplish at JCU
The Vet Sciences program at JCU is growing and we want you to be part of our journey as we continue to offer excellence in undergraduate, post graduate and clinical training for the veterinarians of the future.
As a leader in animal science and veterinary practice, JCU Veterinary and Animal Science programs promote, foster, and administer quality teaching and research and are key in delivering authentic clinical services. Working primarily in our Veterinary Emergency Centre and Hospital located on the JCU campus, we offer a mix of clinical and academic work and you will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of state-of-the-art diagnostic, monitoring and therapeutic equipment.
What you will bring to JCU
We are looking for people with the dedication and passion to drive the agenda of future proofing the vet science program at JCU. As an enthusiastic and qualified Vet, you will demonstrate enthusiasm and capacity for teaching vet sciences and your ability to engage effectively with multidisciplinary academics, community and professional bodies will see you excel in these interesting and rewarding roles educating the Vets of the future.
Why Townsville and JCU
Bordered by the Coral Sea, the Wet Tropics and the Outback, the Townsville region has a vibrant natural landscape, rich Indigenous history, beautifully preserved Federation architecture, a smattering of islands just off its coast, and a vibrant, progressive dining scene. JCU offers a culturally diverse working environment and prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
We support our people through the provision of:
- generous superannuation scheme with 17% employer contributions
- five weeks’ annual recreation leave
- flexible working arrangements
- attractive options for salary packaging
- opportunities for professional and personal growth as well as diverse career opportunities
- on-campus cafés, gym, pool and childcare
- Re-location assistance is negotiable
- Balance of work and life so you can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle that supports a diverse range of leisure and sporting interests.
How to apply
Visit the Careers JCU website – vacancy reference 17388, 17389, 17390, 17442, 17443 & 17510