Senior Internal Medicine Clinician
Petvet Lower Hutt is looking for a new Senior Internal Medicine Clinician, involved in forming the vision of the medicine department moving forward
Petvet Lower Hutt is seeking Members, Fellows, Diplomates or Fellowship credentialled residents who are keen to build upon a steady referral medicine and ultrasound imaging service, whilst supervising and offering support to the primary medicine team.
Petvet Lower Hutt is the premier veterinary clinic in Wellington, New Zealand. Currently we have a residency trained (fellowship credentialled) Veterinarian running the referral surgical service and a member qualified Senior Medicine Vet running the referral medicine and imaging service. We also have an in-house feline medicine specialist, with visiting imaging and dermatology specialists and referral dental services.
We have just moved into our purpose built 400m2 clinic with a spacious ultrasound suite, endoscopy, top end digital radiography, two sterile and one non sterile theatre.. We have a solid reputation for top quality service and a strong referral base from clinics throughout Wellington, the Kapiti Coast and Wairarapa.
Our clinic is looking for a new Senior Internal Medicine Clinician, involved in forming the vision of the medicine department moving forward.
Skills and interest in ultrasound are desirable.
Work - life balance is important to us! Petvet has no afterhours as there is a dedicated afterhours clinic in Wellington. Hours of work for these positions are negotiable for the right candidate, however the ability to work full-time (3.5 days+ per week) would be advantageous. Salary is competitive and we want you to be happy with what we can offer.
Wellington, and especially the Hutt Valley, is a great place to live with everything available from top quality concerts to world class mountain bike trails, designer label shopping to cheap and intimate eateries; we have it all. Great for bringing up families and earning envy points from your friends stuck in long traffic queues overseas, this is the best capital in the world!
What we can offer you:
- Access to practical training programs through our purpose-built Veterinary Training Centres
- Continuing education allowance and study leave per annum
- Access to one of the strongest networks of veterinary professionals in New Zealand
- Endless opportunities with the possibility of working across any one of our NVC clinics in Australia and New Zealand.
- Sponsorship and a Visa for you and your dependants, if applicable.
What you can offer us:
- BVSc or equivalent, membership of the ANZCVS (or its equivalent) and registration to practice in New Zealand
- A minimum of 4 years’ practical experience with leadership capabilities
- Exceptionally high standards of care with a proactive and accountable attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated client relationship building skills
- A hard working and a hands-on approach to your work
- Effective time management and organisation skills
- Ability to contribute to a small amount of on-call for Police Dog whelping’s (with generous remuneration).
For further information, please visit http://www.petvet.net.nz/
National Veterinary Care (NVC) a group of 97 clinics located across Australia and New Zealand. What makes us different?
National Veterinary Care believes that if we put our people first, the results will follow. We achieve this through having a highly qualified Veterinary Surgeon as our General Manager – Vet Services, who keeps our clinical standards at the forefront of business decisions. We achieve it through our Veterinary Training Centres – industry firsts where we offer practical CPD in everything from behaviour through to orthopaedic surgery – so that you have the skills and confidence to care for every pet who comes through your clinic doors. Click here to see more!https://nvcltd.com.au/Veterinary-Training-Centre/
Sounds great! How do I apply?
Whether you are seeking a new career direction, a lifestyle change, a challenge or a relocation to a new environment, we would love to have a chat.
Formal applications can be sent to Shanda Lodge, Recruitment Coordinator, via email@example.com or 0407 300 263.
Clinical queries can be directed to Ben Leitch, Lead Surgical Veterinarian, via firstname.lastname@example.org or 027 7874379