Oncology Internship at The Small Animal Specialist Hospital
If you are passionate about Oncology, start your journey to specialisation with SASH! You will be joining a team of world class Oncologists with exposure to both medical and radiation oncology treatment options for our patients.
The Small Animal Specialist Hospital (SASH), has a prominent location in Sydney, Australia and is a large veterinary referral hospital providing a complete range of clinical services to their clients and patients. SASH has an excellent reputation for providing the highest level of quality health care service to our veterinary patients with a wide range of clinical services including internal medicine, neurology, surgery, oncology, cardiology, rehabilitation, ophthalmology, dermatology, exotics, radiology, anaesthesia, critical care, rehabilitation and 24 hour emergency services.
For more information on SASH and the services we provide, please visit our website: www.sashvets.com
We have an exciting role for a Small Animal Oncology Intern. This program will see you spending with both our Radiation Oncology team and Medical Oncology team. The successful applicant will be required to assist the oncologists to ensure that patients and clients get the best veterinary care possible. This position is also a structured learning opportunity and will allow access to a varied case load with the support of highly qualified professionals across multiple specialty departments.
This 12-month, full-time position will involve being mentored by a large team of medical specialists. You will contribute to publications of the service and conduct a brief clinical research project for publication. We are proud to say our Oncology Interns are best placed to go on to be offered specialist training opportunities including residencies at acclaimed universities both in Australia and abroad.
Key skills for this role include:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to liaise with different levels of individuals within the practice
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Have a flexible approach to issues
- Self-motivated and committed to ongoing professional development
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the culture and values of SASH
- Strong care and service orientation with a hands on approach
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Tertiary qualified Veterinarian with a minimum of 2 years experience
- Current registration with the Veterinary Practitioners Board of NSW
What we can offer you:
- Graduates of the SASH internship program are best placed to be offered specialty internships and residencies in their chosen field, both domestically and internationally
- Regular intern group tutorials, talks and rounds sessions to further case understanding
- Flexible working hours
- Close to public transport
- Supportive team
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Team member discounts and social events
If you are interested in the prospect of working with a great team with plenty of support at all times from other vets and nurses in a hospital with excellent facilities and challenging and rewarding cases, don’t miss this opportunity, apply today!
This role is available to commence as early as October, 2020.
The next step is to forward your resume with a cover letter: Attention Jessica O’Connor quoting Reference No: ON/ANCVS to email: firstname.lastname@example.org