Neurology and Neurosurgery Internship - North Ryde
SASH is the largest veterinary specialist hospital group in the Southern Hemisphere. We are privileged to care for over 25,000 pets and their families each year. SASH offers a wide range of specialist services including Anaesthesia, Avian & Exotics, Cardiology, Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Neurology/Neurosurgery, Medical and Radiation Oncology, Ophthalmology, Pathology, Physiotherapy, Radiology, Reproduction Medicine, Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation, Surgery and a renowned 24-hour Emergency and Critical Care department.
For more information on SASH and the services we provide, please visit:
About the Neurology and Neurosurgery Service:
The Neurology and Neurosurgery team at SASH currently comprises of three specialists (ACVIM Neurology, ECVN), one registrar, one resident and a team of dedicated nurses. We specialise in the diagnosis and treatment of neurological and neurosurgical disorders of animals, being fully equipped to offer the highest level of care with on-site High-Field (1.5T) MRI, CT, Electrodiagnostic suite, neurosurgical operating theatres, and onsite pathology.
We have an exciting position available for a Neurology & Neurosurgery intern. The successful applicant will be required to assist the neurology/neurosurgery team to ensure that patients and clients get the best veterinary care possible. This position is also a structured learning opportunity and will allow access to a varied case load with the support of highly qualified professionals.
This 12-month, full-time position will involve being mentored by a large team of specialists, committed to giving you the best start to your Neurology training. We have structured our internship to prepare you to be confident to take the next step to apply for a residency program in veterinary neurology & neurosurgery. This internship may include participation in a clinical research project, presenting at a conference or publishing if this is of interest to the candidate.
We are looking for a passionate, committed, and enthusiastic individual, who takes pride in providing exceptional care to their patients. You will have a passion for neurology/neurosurgery with the intent of pursuing ongoing training and a specialist career. Other qualities we are looking for include:
- Exceptional communication skills with effective time management
- Ability to liaise with different stakeholders within a big hospital
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Flexibility and an open mind
- Self-motivated and committed to ongoing professional development
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the culture and values of SASH
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a veterinarian, post qualification
- Current registration with the Veterinary Practitioners Board of NSW
- Have completed a rotating internship
What’s in it for you?
You will be joining a dedicated and supportive team of professionals, committed to providing the best care to our patients and their families. SASH is fully equipped with the latest technology and an extensive team of specialists working as a team to achieve the best outcomes for our patients.
- Newly reviewed salary packaging, well above the award!
- A great learning environment with a team that loves to share knowledge and experience
- Regular intern group tutorials, talks and rounds sessions
- Neurology specific rounds, tutorials, and journal clubs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing education allowance included in a competitive salary package
- Staff discounts and social events
- Close to public transport
- Study group and support for those interested in MANZCVS examinations.
Applications close Sunday May 28th, unless filled prior, so don’t delay. To apply, click the link below: https://adr.to/a3yqmai
Be sure to attached your CV, along with a cover letter addressing why you would like to undertake this position with SASH.