We are looking for neurologists to join our truly outstanding team. This exciting opportunity is most suited to a neurologist who is a team player and enjoys a multidisciplinary environment. At GARS you will enjoy a diverse and high-volume case load with excellent support from surgeons, medics, radiologist and crticalists. A phenomenal team of residents, interns and nurses will ensure you remain totally supported. Generous annual leave and a low impact on call roster also ensures work-life balance is much more than a throwaway line. We are completely dedicated to our team, and you would be joining a family where every member is highly valued, supported, rewarded, and cared for.
GARS is a privately owned, multidisciplinary, small animal referral hospital. The hospital is staffed 24/7 with onsite specialists in surgery, internal medicine, emergency critical care and diagnostic imaging. Specialists are supported by an outstanding team of residents, interns, nursing, HR and customer service staff.
The GARS vision is to be Victoria’s leading referral centre. Extending beyond our first-class facility, we are dedicated to recruiting like-minded, team players to help achieve this goal. The hospital is brand-new and purpose-built. It is surrounded by beautiful greenspaces, while overlooking the Barwon River, Balyang sanctuary and Balyang Golf course. The facility is packed with state-of-the-art equipment, some of which includes; onsite MRI, CT, C-arm Video Fluoroscopy, Endoscopy, Ultrasound, DR radiography, multiparameter patient monitoring, mechanical ventilators, ECG, blood gas/electrolyte, coagulation, haematology and biochemistry machines.
For the successful applicant, if you desire, there is also opportunity to work within our sister business, Melbourne Animal Referral Services (MARS), which is undergoing exciting expansion.
About the area
GARS overlooks the Balyang Golf Course and Barwon River with bike and walking paths right on our front doorstep. The popular cafes, restaurants and bars of Pakington street and Geelong CBD are only several minutes away. The outstanding wineries and distilleries of the Bellarine peninsula and beautiful beaches of Torquay Surf Coast and the famous Great Ocean Road are less than 25minutes away. Transport links are excellent, with the South Geelong train station less than 3kms from the hospital, the Spirit of Tasmania Ferry, Avalon and Melbourne International Airports, 15, 25 and 60 minutes from the hospital. Major arterials are also close by, offering fast and easy connections to Melbourne, Victoria’s North, West and South.
About the GARS Neurology Service
Currently neurology cases are shared between surgery and medicine departments with support from imaging and emergency.
In line with our vision of providing first-class comprehensive services, we wish to expand and improve on this through addition of a dedicated neurology team. Due to the depth of our team, this position will suit a neurologist who is either medically or surgically focused (or both). Hospital flow and ergonomics have been specifically designed to facilitate easy patient flow between MRI/CT/Radiology/theatre and recovery.
Our three operating theatres are truly enviable, overlooking the neighbouring golf course with each fully equipped with endoscopic towers, mono/bipolar electrocautery, suction and Bipolar Vessel Sealing Devices. Two of the theatres also have electric fluoroscopic tables to facilitate minimally invasive image guided neurologic, orthopaedic and interventional radiology procedures. Aside from all the orthopaedic and soft tissue focused surgical equipment, we have multiple locking plate systems (LCP, SOP, Fixin), ESF in all sizes, several Stryker neurosurgical systems and a comprehensive range of neurosurgical instrumentation.
We are specifically looking for a dynamic team player who is willing to collaborate with all members of staff while expanding our first-class services to patients, clients and referring vets. Area(s) of interest that the candidate wishes to advance to the highest possible level will be strongly supported.
You will have the following;
- A veterinary degree registerable in Victoria or a willingness to apply for special registration with the board and sit the Australasian Veterinary Examination
- Specialist in Neurology (DECVIM or DACVIM) currently registered or eligible for registration as a specialist within the state of Victoria.
- Residency trained candidates will be considered.
- Significant experience in all areas of Neurology
- Passion for delivering the highest standard of care
- Ability to work as part of a team is essential
- Excellent communication skills also essential
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to lead and motivate junior staff
- Ability to provide tuition, guidance and mentorship to junior staff
- Commitment to lifelong learning and continuing education
- Commitment to the culture and values of the business
- Honest, reliable and loyal character
What we can offer you
- Sign on bonus.
- Relocation assistance (international or interstate)
- Highly competitive remuneration
- Part-time or full-time employment
- Extra annual leave
- Generous CPD allowance and support to develop your skills and advance your career in a chosen area(s)
- Privately owned means your ideas and requests are heard and acted upon rapidly
- Interdepartmental collaboration between a truly multidisciplinary hospital
- Opportunity to join a fun, friendly and highly efficient team
- Opportunity to develop and further any or all areas of surgery
- Work in a truly beautiful facility in an enviable location.
- An employer that aims to facilitate work life balance for all staff
- A caring and supportive environment that focuses on staff wellness and positive workplace culture
- Industry leading discounts for staff pets
For further information or to apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com