Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Production Animal (Small Ruminant) Medicine
School of Veterinary Medicine
- Continuous, full time position
- Lecturer | $93k-110k plus 17% employer superannuation contributions
- Senior Lecturer | $114k-131k plus 17%employer superannuation contributions
- Clinical and Professional Practice Work Profile
- Ref: 0265K01/202226
The School of Veterinary Medicine is responsible for the training of veterinary science graduates, a central part of the training is development of core clinical competences and as part of this process veterinary science students undertake training in our hospital, clinics and clinical services.
The successful candidate will make a significant contribution to the teaching effort of the school and to play a major role in scholarship and professional activities is also expected to perform a limited range of administrative functions. This role is being offered at both the Lecturer and Senior Lecturer level. Please refer to the position descriptions attached for the requirements of each level.
Skills and Experience
- A degree in Veterinary Science registrable with the Veterinary Surgeons’ Board of Western Australia.
- Demonstrated recent extensive experience in small ruminant health and management, and farm animal clinical practice in general.
- Demonstrated high-level understanding of Australian sheep production systems
- Demonstrated high levels of written and oral communication skills in English.
Applicants should refer to the Position Description for further detail on the duties, skills and experience required for each level.
For more information or to apply:
Please visit http://jobs.murdoch.edu.au/ to view the Position Description and apply, or to find out more about joining Murdoch.
Murdoch University values workplace diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, women, and individuals with disability. Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.
Position contact: Associate Professor Cristy Secombe, Interim Principal- School of Veterinary Medicine at C.Secombe@murdoch.edu.au
Closing date: 17th April 2019 (11:59pm)